MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of getting the clear side indicators for mini one, and I was just wondering if anyone has got them fitted and what they think to them. Any pictures would be cool.Anyone who has got them what are they like to fit??

·
Registered
79 Posts
Tim,

Somebody did a fitting guide/photo`s not so long ago. I can`t remember who it was but I`m sure a trip to the gallery would help ypu out.

·
Addicted to Speed!!
4,865 Posts
I think they look great on my Cooper. They are realy easy to fit. See your owners manual in the section on changing the bulbs. :D

·
Registered
247 Posts
See Monsta's gallery for full fitting guidelines and some smashing photos!

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
they are very easy to fit and a bargain at only £17 quid
I will not post a picture cos R1 very kindly posted one of my car but I dont remember my car being at his place though

And Monsta you should be ashamed get those wheels cleaned before I send round the wheel police:p :p

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
I think you can buy Clear repeaters for only £12 from Halfords:) :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
There is a german website (don`t have address on me as am away from home) that sold me my side repeaters for about 19 Euros I think, but postage was a lot. Simple to fit, and do look much better than orange. Will post the webaddress from home next week for you.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Do a search on ebay uk of the following item no:

They are a grand total of £4.95 with free postage and amber bulbs ( haven't ordered yet so can't comment on service/quality).

I was wondering about the smoked version for mine (when it arrives) from them so it would blend into the black background of the vent. Has anyone got them on their's?

When you use the clear ones do you need to use silver bulbs to stop the fried egg effect as seen on the front indicators?

·
Registered
243 Posts
The ebay ones look a bargain

·
black"n"white cooper
61 Posts
i bought a set for my black n white cooper from ebay seller "the autobarn" for £4.95 inc vat & p&p! received them 3 days later! superb quality and value for money. they come with a pair of orange bulbs which you can hardly see. takes 5 mins to fit them (look in your owners manual for fitting) and they look so much better than the original orange blobs. all the best mate.

·
Stoke me a Clipper!
766 Posts
Those Ebay ones are an absolute steal... just ordered a set. Rep point to ChrisBray for that one.

·
Dazzling Diesel
58 Posts
Make them Black

I tinted mine black, which I think looks better then clear, costs less, is removable, and different! Orange is horrible! They are still just as bright.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Cooper D said:
I tinted mine black, which I think looks better then clear, costs less, is removable, and different! Orange is horrible! They are still just as bright.
What a great result! I thought they looked a little patchy in the second image which I looked at first but the finished items look great... where did you get the spray from?

Also, your stripes are very cool... where did you get those?

Cheers

Jonathan:bone:

·
Stoke me a Clipper!
766 Posts
They do look good Dooper D. Would I be right that you just used two or three very light coats get the effect?

·
Dazzling Diesel
58 Posts
Buy local

Stripes - local sign writer, high quality, custom, water repellant coating, fitted -£40
Spray - local car shop - few quid

·
Registered
425 Posts
My clear side indicators came as standard on my 04 MCS, so Im sure you can get them from BMW with a minimum of hastle and fuss.

All the best,

Adam

1 - 20 of 29 Posts