MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone heard anything about the new Z-cars Mini?? i saw a pic in the back of TRC this month. looks like a K20 has been shoehorned into the front with a trubo strapped to it!! should be intrsting.

Cheers

Chris,

·
dyno-mite, might not....
1,037 Posts
think their was a "z" mini about a second slower than me up the strip this weekend :wink:

·
Overly excited!!
1,364 Posts
think their was a "z" mini about a second slower than me up the strip this weekend :wink:
The one that was for sale on eBay and on here for £30k? Yeah, saw it yesterday. 400bhp and half a second slower than me on the 1/4 mile. The best time it got yesterday was 15 seconds. I was beating that with a stock JCW a couple of years ago.

I think the price has been lowered to £27k now :rolleyes:

I think he had one go yesterday and gave up. I would too if I had spent a small fortune for a vtec enginei n a MINI and couldnt get a decent time.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I HAVE

I am a z car builder, a race spec kit with busa engine cracking machine!!The new z car is fibre glass with a serious set up under the fibre glass shell!

·
Overly excited!!
1,364 Posts
I HAVE

I am a z car builder, a race spec kit with busa engine cracking machine!!The new z car is fibre glass with a serious set up under the fibre glass shell!
I think they are talking about the R53 MINI, with a 400 or 450bhp VTEC engine that couldnt run better than 15.0 on Sunday at Mini Showdown in Stratford.

Total different beast to the normal z-cars.

·
Registered
460 Posts
The one that was for sale on eBay and on here for £30k? Yeah, saw it yesterday. 400bhp and half a second slower than me on the 1/4 mile. The best time it got yesterday was 15 seconds. I was beating that with a stock JCW a couple of years ago.

I think the price has been lowered to £27k now :rolleyes:

I think he had one go yesterday and gave up. I would too if I had spent a small fortune for a vtec enginei n a MINI and couldnt get a decent time.
almost as hopeful as that guy who was trying to sell the BBR 300 for 30k

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so its a pile of poo then??? dont you guys think they will sell?? why such a slow time, couldn't they put the power down??

Chris.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I HAVE

what happened to the twin engined ealry mini?? that was a really intresting machine! have you seen the guy doing a front engined R1 transplant now??

Chris.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts