MINI Cooper Forum banner

Has anyone purchased a car from Ridgeway Used Car Centre?

4235 Views 8 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  Blade_Shield
Hi folks,

As the title suggests, has anyone purchased a car from these guys? Just wondering as I'm not too keen on dealing with companies who have 0845 numbers.

Cheers and any replies much appreciated.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
No dealing with that firm but,

Try this site SAYNOTO0870.COM - Non-Geographical Alternative Telephone Numbers

Type in the full 0845 number and it should bring up a normal land line number.
I have - about 8 years ago, 2 years ago and 2 months ago - but was it the same Ridgeway?

Give me some details, and if it's the same company, I'll tellyou a story!
It's ridgeway used car centre based in southampton.
The used car centres in Portsmouth and Southampton are part of the Ridgeway Group which has a variety of franchises in the south.

We have purchased 2 Fabia's from Jewson Skoda, in Nov '06 and Nov '08. The sales people are very good, but you do have to keep the service dept on their toes.

Back in 2000 we bought a Lupo for Mrs H. It was a disaster from the day we bought it to the day we got rid of it two years later. We had a file half an inch thick with one fault per page! We had to plan our weekly shop around the dealership, and every time we walked in their heads dropped and their gasps were audible.

At least we didn't pay a single penny for any of the fixes, but equally they would not offer any sensible discount for a new car. So we bought a Corolla instead, and have never walked into a VW dealership since.
Hi folks,

As the title suggests, has anyone purchased a car from these guys? Just wondering as I'm not too keen on dealing with companies who have 0845 numbers.

Cheers and any replies much appreciated.
02392 656565 (Mercedes Benz of Portsmouth)

It's all in the same building.......oh and ask for Andy Webb
Unscrupulous

Wouldn't touch them again with a barge pole - unscrupulous crooks.

They took a deposit for a car over the phone, and promised to deliver it. They twice rescheduled delivery (two days off work), and then called up to say that the price was incorrect and should have been £2000 more expensive.

By accepting a deposit they created a contract of sale, however when this was pointed out, they refused to accept that the deposit was actually a deposit and started trying to say that it was part payment to take the car off sale.....whatever.

In short, if you're considering buying a car from any part of the Ridgeway Group, I really wouldn't bother.
Find internet specials, clearance offers, and overstock deals where available with our nationwide network of dealers.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.