MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
There is no spoon
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm lookng to get feedback on the extended warranty Mini are offering. As my liddle old Cooper is now getting long in the tooth at three and half years old and 59k miles on the clock, Mini UK decided to send me a letter asking if I would like to part with £390 to have a years extended warranty. Their marketing was a bit lame to say the least. All it said was it included Mini roadside assistance and then in the next breath offered me that for £120. Any idea what the extended warranty covers, as usually these have several exemption clauses.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've just got a letter too - it ran out on 12 Sept, and they've only just got round to sending us the letter. I had forgotton so have had no breakdown cover for the last couple of months - not sensible with a MINI.

If I buy it will they fix the broken reversing light (no it's not the bulb) ?

·
There is no spoon
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good question and one I would like to know too. I would like to know what is and what isn't covered. The letter was a bit thin on the ground when it came to detail to say the least.Being in marketing myself my boss would have shot me for putting out a mailshot like that.

·
Mulberry Red Mini 40
2013 R55 Bond Street
1,072 Posts
Got the letter today, as with you guys the warranty ran out nearly two months ago. Pretty good with their paperwork :rolleyes:

Much as I buy most things MINI, I don't think I will be taking out this particular offer. I already have AA cover on the work car so this gives me the breakdown cover. I just added the option of having the first £500 worth of repairs included for another £50 or so on top. Gives me piece of mind anyway.

£50 versus £390? not very good value for money is it.

For a brand new car, does the MINI accident Management cover fyou fior breakdowns for 3 years?
Yep, this is a get you home and your car in a garage breakdown/accident cover. I've seen it in action a couple of times and its as good as any.

·
Registered
171 Posts
m1les said:
Got the letter today, as with you guys the warranty ran out nearly two months ago. Pretty good with their paperwork :rolleyes:

Much as I buy most things MINI, I don't think I will be taking out this particular offer. I already have AA cover on the work car so this gives me the breakdown cover. I just added the option of having the first £500 worth of repairs included for another £50 or so on top. Gives me piece of mind anyway.

£50 versus £390? not very good value for money is it.

Yep, this is a get you home and your car in a garage breakdown/accident cover. I've seen it in action a couple of times and its as good as any.
Hi M1LES ,after 3 years one obvious option is to go for one of RAC ,AA and the like.The other option is to go for extended MINI Accident cover.Any advice on that? Despite having the MINI Cover at the moment,should I go for the RAC/AA anyway at this stage?
Does the MINI Accident cover for flat tyre(perhaps a silly question!)?

·
Mulberry Red Mini 40
2013 R55 Bond Street
1,072 Posts
I suppose the only differences between MINI breakdown cover and AA/RAC is that with AA/RAC they cover you for any car that you drive whereas the MINI cover is MINI only. MINI cover you for Europe whereas its more for AA/RAC. I think they will all help with a flat tyre.

The AA costs about £90 for roadside/get you home cover versus the MINI £129.

At the end of the day its down to what suits you, as a two car driver the AA/RAC is the better option for me. It would be interesting to see a schedule of pro's and con's for each especially as more cars are going to reach this point in the near future.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
I used to have a BMW warranty and it was the best in the business, just about
indistinguishable from the manufacturers warranty. Ask at your dealer but I think
it will be identical to the MINI cherished warranty. So pick up a leaflet for that. I
had a flat battery covered on the bimmer which was pretty good :) .

·
Mulberry Red Mini 40
2013 R55 Bond Street
1,072 Posts
techiedoc said:
How about a flat tyre,though?
errr.......

........its more for AA/RAC. I think they will all help with a flat tyre.
;) Looking at your post time, you can be forgiven for missing that bit :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.