MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
1st MINI Owner in QLD !!!
Joined
·
2,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any of the Gold Coasters seen my Mini
BRG White Roof
17" S lites
GB Chrome badge on back and John Cooper Signatures on the Bonnet Stripes
When I left it at the dealers it was 156 HUM :(

Just want to know it's ok :)
 

·
MINI Traitor
Joined
·
4,974 Posts
Yeah, I heard it was being looked after.. a driving school has bought it, and they intend to hire it out on weekends ;) :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
209 Posts
I hope it gets looked after a little better than my first IB/W cooper that i bought in 02 !

After ordering the car in oct 01 and getting the first customer delivered car on the friday before delivery w/end began in mar02 . Looking after it , caring for it , forgiving it for its little problems i sold it in july 02 to make way for my first "S" - a fellow car dealer who didnt care for it very well !

Worse still - he soon after sold it to one of his relatives who sent it to MINI heaven a few weeks later after she found out that it was not good to hit curbs whilst going TOO fast around a bend !

UMMMMMMMMMMMM !
 

·
1st MINI Owner in QLD !!!
Joined
·
2,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
swamos said:
Yeah, I heard it was being looked after.. a driving school has bought it, and they intend to hire it out on weekends ;) :)
NOOOOOO !!! My poor baby, what have I done :( :( :(

:( Although it would perform faultlessly at what ever it was asked to do. ;)
 

·
Track Addict
Joined
·
2,622 Posts
brett said:
Has any of the Gold Coasters seen my Mini
BRG White Roof
17" S lites
GB Chrome badge on back and John Cooper Signatures on the Bonnet Stripes
When I left it at the dealers it was 156 HUM :(

Just want to know it's ok :)
Hi,

I saw the car the other day in the workshop. They were doing some minor work to try and fix the dashboard rattle :D

Heres a pic :eek: ;) ;)

Cheers

Robbo
 

Attachments

·
1st MINI Owner in QLD !!!
Joined
·
2,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
don't laugh I dropped into the service bay and saw my Mini in nearly that state when they were replacing the steering column and dash board rattles
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
209 Posts
You think thats bad !

Wait until you have to get a whole sunroof replaced ! Hood lining out , side trims , gaping big hole in the roof !

I couldnt go near the w/shop whilst that was happening ! Best to see it in the recovery room smiling back at you eating a bowl of ice cream !
 

·
Track Addict
Joined
·
2,622 Posts
ERIN OLSON said:
You think thats bad !

Wait until you have to get a whole sunroof replaced ! Hood lining out , side trims , gaping big hole in the roof !

I couldnt go near the w/shop whilst that was happening ! Best to see it in the recovery room smiling back at you eating a bowl of ice cream !
Hi Erin,

For the roll cage installation, everything inside the car went, so it wouldn't be damaged by the welding :eek: Roof lining, door trims, speakers, dashboard, carpet, seats. Every plastic piece in the car went :eek: I couldn't take too many detailed photos, as it was pretty scary :eek:

Amazingly, everything went back ok :D :D :D

Here are a few pics

Cheers

Robbo
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
209 Posts
Hey Andrew !

Yep its a bit of an ordinary feeling to see your car stripped to a million bits . Strange thing is after working where i do and seeing cars in the same state every day for the last 7 yrs , I still get diturbed when its my own !

Hows your EB/B car going ?

Eza
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top