MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone has has a modded MCS that has gone through a smog check. I have a pulley kit, ecu, and intake. I plan on getting the mini sport dual exhaust kit. I hope i don't have to take off the mods to pass smog. I also have warranty on the car still and have to bring it for maintenance soon. Will the mods completely void the warranty? Any feed back will be very helpful. Thanks alot.

·
Mini Mod
9,227 Posts
oo7dw said:
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone has has a modded MCS that has gone through a smog check. I have a pulley kit, ecu, and intake. I plan on getting the mini sport dual exhaust kit. I hope i don't have to take off the mods to pass smog. I also have warranty on the car still and have to bring it for maintenance soon. Will the mods completely void the warranty? Any feed back will be very helpful. Thanks alot.
A number of members in Cali have gone through emissions testing and passed no problem.
Warranty seems to depend on your dealer. It's a bit late to ask about the pulley now though, isn't it?? Can't easily just pop that off and on.
Legally you have only voided the warranty on the parts you have replaced. They will be covered by their own manufacturers warranty.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts