MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Wandering....
40,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't, really stuck for time this year, missed a planned break in March due to a family bereavement, and haven't had a break since Christmas really.

Trying to sneak away for a week to my brothers villa in Spain near the end of the month, can't spare the time to go further afield, but I'm so busy and stressed out, seems I don't actually have time for holidays, but I feel I really need them - catch 22..........:rolleyes: Anyone else in the same boat, or are you all refreshed already?

·
www.totalmini*****
15,256 Posts
Had 3 weeks in NZ at the beginning of the year, but apart from MtM not really much in the way of holidays since :(

The odd day here and there to go fishing etc. I do have a week planned at the end of this month, which will be very nice :) Not sure what to do yet though, all depends on certain circumstances after the 19th :rolleyes:

·
RedUn's Manicurist ;-þ
16,095 Posts
noooooooooo not yet, going to the beach in North Carolina Outer Banks or Rehoboth for a week...does Novermber count? Arizona for a week for Thanksgiving to see family. :p

·
total MINI . com
34,893 Posts
Had 2 weeks in Menorca, had a number of odd days and now have a week booked in Cyprus for October. I like my holidays :D

Aiden - you have to have a break, your mind and body need it. Just book something. I've booked October - I have no idea what will be happening work wise at that point, it may be chaos but I will walk out of the door and turn off for a week - it's essentail maintence, look upon as you would servicing for your MCS, you'd not let it go becuase you're too busy, would you - so book yourself a TLC programme ;)

·
MINI defector
13,698 Posts
I'm currently on one loooooong summer break ;) :p

Sorry to hear this Aiden but as Bob says just take a week off and chill out. Work will always be there when you get back :(

·
Wandering....
40,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I have to get away alright, its been a crappy year stress wise overall, and the batteries are depleted at the moment........long weekends are OK, but you are no sooner starting to relax, than its time to actually get back to work........:eek:

Think I'll just book a couple of flights, and head to Espana - I've never been actually.......:eek:

·
SUCKIN DIESEL!!!!
7,669 Posts
I'm totally scundered!

2 Weeks booked of in Sept, now I've got a family wedding invite and am trying to change dates.
Nothing booked yet, really fancy the States again, any ideas?

·
Beginning a new era
12,809 Posts
It was great to get completely away from work to Cornwall the other week, and we have booked Portugal again for the end of October. That will be a really relaxing break :) mmmmmmm

You need it Aiden..... go go go ;)

·
MINI defector
13,698 Posts
ONED said:
Nothing booked yet, really fancy the States again, any ideas?
California :cool:
Great weather, great food, great people :D :D
San Fran is a top city to go to (been there 3 years in a row now), LA sucks IMHO

·
Wandering....
40,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok, we're booked for Spain, think I'm going to Cartagena (sp?),near La Manga, in 3 weeks time for a week, and another week off to hang around home when we get back, catch up on domestic duties..........:D

·
SUCKIN DIESEL!!!!
7,669 Posts
AidenL said:
San Fran?

I really have to get there sometime...........:)
MartinL said:
California
Great weather, great food, great people
San Fran is a top city to go to (been there 3 years in a row now), LA sucks IMHO
Yea I do fancy there!:D
My sister is just back from San Fran and it sounded good, and same as you Martin don't really fancy LA :(

I seen Rail trips across the states one time which looked fab, but was tring to get them on the net last night, but their either too expensive or don't suit my dates! :rolleyes:

·
Beginning a new era
12,809 Posts
AidenL said:
Ok, we're booked for Spain, think I'm going to Cartagena (sp?),near La Manga, in 3 weeks time for a week, and another week off to hang around home when we get back, catch up on domestic duties..........:D
YAYYYY nice one :D

·
SUCKIN DIESEL!!!!
7,669 Posts
AidenL said:

Good stuff! Spontaneous (spelling??) :confused:

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
About this Discussion
62 Replies
26 Participants
sel
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing