MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The struts that my car needs are not available until Feb 2nd at earliest after which my car will have been at dealer for 3 and a half weeks.

Has anybody had the new struts and it actually worked it seems like guess work to buy time. A full fix is at least 4 weeks from then and the first fixes will appear on brand new cars.

It is bad situation to make it worse I have an awful Vauxhall Corsa in Salmon Pink with a six inch crack in the windscreen and hardly any oil/ washer fluid. And this was supposed to be a quality like 4 like replacement car for the two weeks.

I am becoming increasingly frustrated.

James

·
Registered
573 Posts
Originally Posted by jcuthell
It is bad situation to make it worse I have an awful Vauxhall Corsa in Salmon Pink with a six inch crack in the windscreen and hardly any oil/ washer fluid. And this was supposed to be a quality like 4 like replacement car for the two weeks.
They seriously gave you this as a courtesy car?? :mad:
Surely you could be pulled over for a dodgy windscreen.

If so, then I would nail the little pink blighter into it's grave, along the way almost wrenching the handbrake from its mountings at every opportunity, skin the tyres to hell, and slip the clutch like a guddun', so they had to replace it with something half decent!

Andy

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Andy,
I am glad you agree with me I thought maybe I was being unreasonable. The car is the worst I have ever driven until you have driven one you wouldn't believe it. Incidentally the BMW courtesy car I had was also low on oil. Why should I spend a tenner filling their cars with oil!

James

·
Registered
183 Posts
Yep,

We had the suspension bits fitted and the car now drives straight. Must admit that it was not as bad in the first place, as some other cars appear to be.

·
Registered
906 Posts
We had the struts done. The steering didn't improve much. Now the suspension bangs on the nearside and the off-side creaks badly. New front suspension top mounts have had to be ordered. Going from bad to worse....and no sign of the parts either!

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
Apial said:
We had the struts done. The steering didn't improve much. Now the suspension bangs on the nearside and the off-side creaks badly. New front suspension top mounts have had to be ordered. Going from bad to worse....and no sign of the parts either!
Apial,

I think enough is enough:( Tell them you want a new car. I must say you are being very reasonable about it all, considering what you have been through. At the end of the day they sold you a faulty car. You should take it back and tell them you want an new one, once they have solved the problem.

LMB:D

·
Registered
577 Posts
LMB, this is already Apial's second car. The first one was a nightmare, pulled hard to the left, then the engine got cooked due to a faulty radiator cap. They replaced that MINI One with his current One. Now, you might assume that given the problems Apial had, the replacement car would be perfect because the dealer would go over it with a fine toothed comb. But when they handed him the keys, the salesman said "this one pulls left also." Were I the dealer, that car would have gone back to BMW and I would have raised bloody hell, demanding they build it right in the first place. I commend Apial for his patience. AFAIK, he is still waiting for a new headlight lens that was damaged when he went pheasant hunting with the car. :p

·
Registered
906 Posts
mr.bill, if I send this MINI back to BMW do you think I would want another??? I am begining to wonder!
I live in hope that the promised fix in March is honoured. Also the headlamp turned up within 1/2hour of a call to MINI Customer services . What a remarkable coincidence, I thought!

New springs and struts are unlikely to fix the car. MINI Cuistomer Services told me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts