MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading a good few posts there seems to be a few known problems with the Mini’s.

Has there ever been any recall on the cars?

I had it once with my Civic and Honda fixed it. It was not a problem I had but to check if there was fault on my car and prevent it or so they said.

Is there any way to get feedback to Mini to let them know some are having for example rattles in there dash?

·
Registered
851 Posts
Is there any way to get feedback to Mini to let them know some are having for example rattles in there dash?
Of course, you take it back to your dealer and they talk to Mini (at least in the UK anyway).

If the dealer isn't helpful contact Mini customer services.

Mini knows what problems the cars have, whether they can or want to fix them is another matter.

·
A Total Mini Convert
923 Posts
Recalls generally tend to be safety related issues

·
Rocking the F57
17,719 Posts
As said above, recalls are only issued for safety issues, and are very rare.

All other problems MINI deals with using 'campaigns' by issuing Technical Service Bulletins (TSBs). Dealers can then search these bulletins, and use them to carry out fixes on your car.

·
R.I.P MINI2
17,651 Posts
A full list of recalls affecting all UK vehicles registered since January 1992 can be found here on the VOSA website.

(Just remember to put BMW as the 'Make' not MINI)

·
Registered
23,517 Posts
Mine was also recalled for engine fan fuse, and then alternator bolt, but these were in Spring 2007, so cars built since then shouldn't have these problems

·
Registered
3 Posts
No

When I rejected my car and agreed to have a new one (I had to pay for!) after dash rattles the manager of Cotswold mini informed me there is a fault with the dash tops but they are not recalling there cars as not enough people have complained and supposedly I am the only one with the fault!

I also saw (was shown) an e-mail that confirmed dash top rattles were the number one complaint of mini's recently!

·
R.I.P MINI2
17,651 Posts
...there is a fault with the dash tops but they are not recalling there cars as not enough people have complained...
Recalls are only issued when the same fault occurs in a given number of cars, and that fault could put the safety of the driver or passengers at risk.

A dashboard rattle, no matter how annoying or how many cars it affects, does not do that, so would not cause a recall.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts