MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
MINI LOVER
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm the happy owner of amini cooper S bought in September 2002.
I recently noticed a rather strange thing that makes my car different from the rest!!
My mini has the cool alluminium foot rest but the pedals are the normal black rubber ones?
I noticed on all mini cooper S pictures that they all have nice chromed pedals. HAve i been cheated!!
Another strange thing is that I have the multifunctional leather steering wheel, but it also is different from many other Cooper S's steering wheels. It's a regular leather wheel and does not have the anitomical grip, you know those bumbs on the wheel that hold your thumbs into place... Well you get the picture.
Please is this normal since I have one of the first mini's out on the italian market, or maybe cause I got the multifunctional wheel!!!
Please what should I do!! :(

·
Deserter Zed
2,204 Posts
i believe it will be because you have the first S in italy, the older ones are like that, have seen the first S in scotland, and thats has similar deviencys.

·
saving the world
2,896 Posts
lex76 said:
I'm the happy owner of amini cooper S bought in September 2002.
I recently noticed a rather strange thing that makes my car different from the rest!!
My mini has the cool alluminium foot rest but the pedals are the normal black rubber ones?
I noticed on all mini cooper S pictures that they all have nice chromed pedals. HAve i been cheated!!
Another strange thing is that I have the multifunctional leather steering wheel, but it also is different from many other Cooper S's steering wheels. It's a regular leather wheel and does not have the anitomical grip, you know those bumbs on the wheel that hold your thumbs into place... Well you get the picture.
Please is this normal since I have one of the first mini's out on the italian market, or maybe cause I got the multifunctional wheel!!!
Please what should I do!! :(
they were like this until late 2002 build - you have not been cheated at all

my july 2002 build is exactly the same

·
The Silverado
800 Posts
mine is the same too.. i have a july 2002. wish i had the MFSW with the cool grip and the pedals also..
be greatful you have a glovebox... i think a month or 2 before my car was built it was just a parcel tray on the passenger side

·
MINIstry of Fun
1,561 Posts
I actually prefer the older style steering wheel sans volume control, etc. It is rounded, whereas the new one has a flat edge, and the stitching on the anatomical grip actually annoys me and rubs on the side of my thumbs. Also the join mark where the leather is stitched together is at the top instead of at the bottom. Small things but I'm amazed at how some things that are pretty good get changed. For instance the new gearknob is really strange when compared to the original 'sticky' knob. The chrome ring surround was embedded in the leather, now it sits proud and feels a lot cheaper and less inviting.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
also on some of the older models which for around here it seemed to be quite rare. on the area where you adj. your mirrors or have the heated seats switch. my 01-2002 build mini the color scheme was in reverse compared to just about every other mini ive seen. that being. the button was black and the faceplate was silver. yet in my new one and just about everyother mini the Button is silver with black faceplates.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yes I also think early models have different features, and thus you might have a bigger storage space under the steering wheel than any new model :)

·
saving the world
2,896 Posts
This is true - I find the shelf under the steering wheel VERY useful and thought it was a bad idea on the newer models to cover it up and put only one cubby hole there instead :(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts