MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Motoring since 8/4/04 :)
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I mean have you really heard it? I thought that i've heard it before, a cool whining sound at the top of the revs, but yesterday I floored it in 3rd gear, hit 5500 rpm and whooooooosh... Louder than its ever been before . The best sound I've ever heard!!!

Me thinks my fuel consumption is going to drop terrible from now on... :cool:

·
Registered
102 Posts
you should fit an aftermarket intake...the sound is apparent all the time under acceleration. I used to have a BMP intake on my MCS and i can't say it helped actual power any, but man, it sounded sweet.

·
Registered
22 Posts
duboy said:
you should fit an aftermarket intake...the sound is apparent all the time under acceleration. I used to have a BMP intake on my MCS and i can't say it helped actual power any, but man, it sounded sweet.
I agree!! Also, if you add a performance exhaust (Magna Flow), you can train one ear to hear the wail and whine of the SC and the other ear to hear the Basso Profundo of the melodic exhaust notes. A true harmonic convergence! Nick :D

·
Cruising In The Minge
773 Posts
When i test drove the noise (and the power) of the SC was what got me. Redlined in 1st 2nd and 3rd :D Am still undecided as to what intake to put on but cant wait for that!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.