·
total MINI . com
34,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
total MINI . com
34,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not on commision but all paid up members have a vested interest in this ;)

Not sure about alternatives to PayPal - I don't think so. It's painless enough though, even I managed it ;)

·
50 PMs no sig group
22,285 Posts
I've said elsewhere that I'm interested in contributing to the upkeep of the site in general. But until there's an alternative to PayPal (e.g. sending a cheque or doing a direct payment from my bank account) then I will hold off.

Several weeks ago I started signing-up to PayPal with the intention of joining the "club". But when I read the small-print, particularly concerning my credit card details being stored on a computer in the US, then I decided I against it.

So I continue to wait ..... :(

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
KPKalle said:
Several weeks ago I started signing-up to PayPal with the intention of joining the "club". But when I read the small-print, particularly concerning my credit card details being stored on a computer in the US, then I decided I against it.
That's the same reason I haven't joined. :(

I have no problem sending a cheque or even a postal order.

I'm glad I'm not alone on this.

·
JP :-)
1,901 Posts
I am also in the same situation, I would gladly sign up for the privilege membership but an alternative payment option would be fantastic :)

·
MINI2 No.1
42,467 Posts
I've been using PayPal, a lot, for years, and NEVER had a problem. The alternatives are expensive to use, or, the one alternative I could afford to use at this time, doesn't work properly, and offer just about zero support, a problem I personally have never had with PayPal. But I am working on it (just talking to myself when looking for help from the company(ies) concerned).

·
GEEEEEEEEK
9,069 Posts
i am still waiting for my paypal account to do the stuff they need then me and mrs fevs can become part of the privilage :D :D :D

till then we shall stay as we are :( :( :(

·
Hillbilly boy
1,214 Posts
Paul Mullett said:
I've been using PayPal, a lot, for years, and NEVER had a problem.
Very true, i have been with them for years with E-bay, transfered a lot of money over the time and never had a problem with it.

·
Registered
189 Posts
paypal is ok, just trying to get verified with them, i tried a while ago but no luck.
would like to join, but am having to wait to become a verified member with paypal, not had this problem with ebay!

·
almost 59k
5,117 Posts
2 things i dont like about paypal.

if theres a dispute your account is frozen.
all monies in the account are confiscated.

this can be a dispute that you raise or have raised upon you.

im not keen on the idea that you sign away the liability from them accept if they happen to loose you back details / credit card number in the case of missuse.

far too risky.

Perhaps Paul, you could support UK-postal orders thats one of the safest forms of money transfer and it costs nothing?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts