MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The new haynes performance tuning manual is now available £19.99 for the MINI -2006
It may answer a lot of questions people have about tuning their MINI ,

·
dyno-mite, might not....
1,037 Posts
update

Adam, your still in wales and amd still in bicester :puzzled:
at least you both have an up to date address in the appendix, i know print will aways appear out of date compared to the web but i get the feeling here of a book that took about 2 years to get to the printers
all this based on a 1 hour flick thru so feel free to take with a pinch of salt

but 1 pic off a gtt BBK, no mention of Lohen, and 1320 your way too new to be considered :biggrin:
but lots of good shots of cool new mini demo car [ think they dissapered adges ago?]
6 pages of alloy wheel pictures but with one paragraph on tyre choice :shocked7fl:

i need to take the time to read this carefully and give a more considered reaction and perhaps climb out of the mini2 goldfish bowl:eek4wd:

but i was hoping for more of a mini2 in print and feel this as a performance manual falls a bit short of that high standard :sad9cd:

·
Registered
27 Posts
My copy arrived on Monday - found it extremely disappointing to say the least :(
Ditto that sentiment. While it's perhaps a nice introduction to those new to tuning, it is no more than an introduction. Totally lacking depth and plenty of careless errors. Silicon hoses? (Silicone, VERY different stuff.) 15% reduction pulley increases the boost by 15psi? (Try to 15psi, or perhaps 15%.) Is the auto tranny on the S really a CVT?

Lots of pretty pictures but, honestly, if you have found this forum, you don't need this book.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts