MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
working at MINI Guildford
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi im just about to order my S and i have a problem :(

I want the HB dash but i also like the black/blue seats and carpet but i don't think they go together because they are different shades. So i was woundering what you lot thought or wether anyone has them together already :D

I have pictures from the MINI site, what do you all think?

Attachments

·
owt else is just traffic
1,462 Posts
I don't think the blue dash and the blue inserts in the seat look odd,i prefer it to the other option pictured.It doesn't matter if it's not the exact same shade,just my opinion.Good look with specing and ordering.

·
Grinning
3,614 Posts
Can you go and see the blue seats/dash in the flesh anywhere before you commit yourself?

The blue seats aren't the shade in the pic anyway, but there'll definitely be some difference in shade between the seats and the dash.

IMO, The all-black seats contrast too much with the bright blue dash, which seems to stand out too much against the otherwise all-black interior.

I'd ask your dealer to do a nationwide search to see if anywhere has a MINI with a blue dash and blue seats, then travel there if it's not nearby and have a look for yourself. It'll be worth the trip!

If the seats aren't too different in real life I'd go for them.

·
MINI2 Regular
46 Posts
I have the cloth seats (not much for leather) silver and grey are nice. With the blue dash I highly recomend the chrome int. I didn't get it and wish I did! Good Luck

·
Sponsor/Moderator/Other
3,265 Posts
If you're in Oxford England,Someone had the half leather seats, blue cloth, black leather. That seemed to be about the same color, and thus looked like it matched. It of course also was a large amount of blue. If you're in the US the only half leather seats are red, so no help there.

You can probably find it by searching for hyper blue or something similar.

The Lapis Blue leather is a different shade, and in my view, non-matching shades look really odd.

I went with HB Dash + Chrome, and the black + gray seats. (also don't really like leather for various reasons)

I think the good example on this is there's been lots of show cars with a HB dash, and none of them had blue seats. If it was a good combination, I think MINI would want to show it off as the unveiled HB. They didn't. Draw your own conclusions.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have the HB dash with half leather and gravity black cloth seats and think it looks great. I liked the idea of the lapis blue leather when I originally spec'd an Indi blue with the alloy patina dash. When I changed the order to a facelifted HB/W with the colour coded dash I figured different blues on the HB would look too odd.

I reckon you need to see it in the flesh really otherwise it'll be a gamble as to if you really like it!

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I was having this problem, so i went for all black full leather seats with HB dash/Chrome line interior :D nicenesssssssssssssssssssssss :D

·
Registered
406 Posts
I saw the half leather blue + hb interior today at the dealers, it looked really good, much better than I expected. I also saw a HB S Convertible and an all BEP S, which looked REALLY nice.

·
working at MINI Guildford
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok cheers for your help everyone at the moment im going for the black seats but i'll hopefully see some this weekend at the cotwolds run. I'll let you know what i decide :D

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hyper blue Mini Cooper S

We have just been to look at our new S (prior to delivery 1/9). This is hyper blue with chrome interior, anthracite roof lining with sun roof and chrono pack. Wife was extremely worried about the different coloured blues but it really doesn't look too bad as it lifts it a little - having the anthracite and black half leather would have looked a little too dark. If you want to see it it's at Knight's at Newcastle (Staffs). The salesman actually said he's had lots and lots of interest in it (and it had only been delivered the day before!). Hope he's not letting too many people get too close - can't wait for 1st September but will be sad to see our dark silver with black roof S go!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
12 Participants
superplumb
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing