MINI Cooper Forum banner

261 - 274 of 274 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just fitted my
Sony BT3800U
Had a Tape deck with 6x Multichanger (Wave?) on round connectors.

Stereo fitting kit off Amazon came with both round and flat type connectors with face plate and aerial adapter fitted no problems.

Only issue was the amount of loom trying to squeeze into a tiny space

Thanks

Sean

Attachments

·
Registered
247 Posts
Alpine cde178 BT

Just bought the same unit for my cooper S! Not fitted yet. A job for a weekend once I've got an amp and sub sorted. Don't want to have to take the trim out twice.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Just got to find a place for the mic and the USB so its all hidden.
My USB lead runs to the glovebox through a hole made in the back of it (by one of previous owners).
My mic runs under the steering column and up the A-pillar to where the side sun visor is :)

·
Registered
247 Posts
My USB lead runs to the glovebox through a hole made in the back of it (by one of previous owners).
My mic runs under the steering column and up the A-pillar to where the side sun visor is :)

Yeah was looking at that route for the mic.

USB I have considered the glovebox (that's where it is in my Alfa) but am thinking of bringing it into the little cubby hole to the right of the steering wheel. Makes it a bit easier to remember to take the iPod out and not leave it in there!! ::smile::

J

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
USB I have considered the glovebox (that's where it is in my Alfa) but am thinking of bringing it into the little cubby hole to the right of the steering wheel.
That's not a bad idea actually.
As I'm not that keen on the USB stick and bit of cable taking up space in the glove box.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i would like to get a head unit with a built in sat nav, this means that i would have to get a motorised monitor as well. is there anyone who could suggest a cheap but good one?

261 - 274 of 274 Posts