MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got my Dension DH100iX from CoolNew today and after following excellent guide in FAQ/DIY section discovered that I needed a raft of adapter cables and a fascia adapter to make it fit. I ordered the head unit from CoolNew as when I spoke to them, I specifically asked them if it cam with everything I would need to fit it in our mini and they said it would. I wouldn't mind but I paid over the odds (compared to Dabs) so that I wouldn't have the aggro of finding cables etc. Still, I should have realised something was wrong when they took three weeks to delivery my head unit. After repeated phone calls assuring me I would have it this day, then that day, they finally told me they were having trouble getting the hard drive to work. In the end I asked them just to send it so i could have a go and after formatting the hard drive, the unit was OK. :rolleyes:
Anyway, the point of my post is does anyone know which leads I need? I have checked to Autoleads catalogue online and I think I need the PC2-05-4 wiring adapter (our headunit has round pins), an FP-06-05 fascia adapter and the PC5-100 antenna adapter (round plug to round plug). Has anyone else gone through this and can confirm these are the right components. Help would be much appreciated, I am about to loose my rag!!
Cheers,
neptunelevi

·
Premium Member
9,742 Posts
Hello, what year is your mini
has it got mfsw?
harness & facia are correct
aerial depends on year of car
p.s. welcome to Mini2 :)
if you need any advice on leads I am in work in the morning 01704878528

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is a 2004 Mini One Diesel. I have got back from my local Halfords with the fascia adaptor and the lead for the stereo, they didnt have the antenna lead in stock but thats not such a big issue. However, what is a big issue is the fact that the head unit has been supplied without the harness at the back (it is just a socket and I am told should have been supplied with a harness and socket to fit to ISO connector of the lead). I am sorely tempted to send the headunit back, if not beofre, definitely now in light of this. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated, :confused:

neptunelevi

·
Registered
22,101 Posts
IMHO I would send it back - then buy from Mikeythemini above.

He is the man when it comes to MINI ice and a thoroughly decent chap to boot. Many of us on here buy from him all the time and he comes very highly recommended!

Paul

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for that, I have decided I will send it back, I have also just ordered the antenna adapter so that will be here soon as well. Has anyone else had poor service from CoolNew? Thanks for your advice,

neptunelevi

1 - 5 of 5 Posts