MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, so my 2009 mini cooper headlights/high beam are constantly on and wont turn off. what can i check?
thanks all

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
64 Posts
The headlight flasher switch contacts are probably 'stuck' in some way. Does the switch feel mechanically OK?
Try some electronic switch cleaner - or a new switch.
It could also be the high beam relay is 'stuck'.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply, i'll try later when i'm home and i'll let you know

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
below link coms unit
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MINI-COOPER-R56-06-13-AIRBAG-SQUIB-SLIP-RING-WIPER-INDICATOR-STALKS/303127934794?epid=26020062915&hash=item4693d5374a:g:utIAAOSw2vJctd9o

also has been known for bcm relay to fail and melt on high beam,, the cheapest and best way with this is send to BBA REMEN and they will recondition it with better relays and give life time warranty,, the other way is new one over £700 secondhand one needs recode when fitting so add up and then you still have a old unit that will fail as the your one might have, replace the coms unit first if that dont fix it then its bcm unit,
Home (GB) | BBA Reman

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
issuse has been fixed. auto electrician suggested thst i reset the battery. so disconnect both terminals and leave for a while. i left it for an hour. after reconnecting the problem was solved. im not sure how this fixed it but happy it did.
thanks guys and girls

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
theoataou
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing