MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi 2002 mini one
I have had a problem with my headlights not responding to the leveling switch on the dashboard, they occasionally work randomly, I could hear them reset when I turned the headlight on. But now suddenly I have lost everything leveling switch does nothing and I can't hear them setting when the headlights are turned on.
Any help appreciated
Thanks John

·
Registered
Bog standard R56 cooper (2008)
58 Posts
visit the archives of this site, this problem is all over there, use the search engine, or even googles.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply
There is no noise or movement when I turn lights on could it be a fuse or relay

·
Registered
58 Posts
There was something that came through my email as to "how to report spammers" ..(rather than use the report button) No wonder there is a plethora of sh1tty spam [email protected] on here (see above) it ought be as simple as report & remove.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the reply
There is no noise or movement when I turn lights on could it be a fuse or relay
Update from my post which may help someone
After messing about with my lights for a couple of days and ending up with the leveling still not working, I went back to my car the following day to find the battery flat I charged it but not fully as I had to go out after I reconnected the battery the headlight leveling worked. So, I think either the battery was to low for the leveling to work or disconnecting the battery rebooted something. Hope this helps. Thanks John

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hmm... the flat battery may have been a timely intervention as to a general re-set as you mentioned, might be worth bearing in mind for others to try a 10 minute battery connectors off (quick connectors are on several of our cars, ..see ali express) ..did it lock up anything that needed decoding thereafter?
Thanks for reporting back with the positive result (y)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts