MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
MINI2 Frequenter
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whilst driving home tonight I noticed my dipped beams seem to have a small problem.
The left hand side of the road is fine, lit up perfectly but there's a dark patch (not being lit) in the middle of the right hand side and where the two sides meet in the middle seems brighter than normal.

I wondered if anyone else has experienced this?
At first I thought the unit had been knocked but I've not been near anything all day. The car was parked in a garage away from anything or anyone all day. And it wasnt like that last night.

Ive looked in the handbook and only came up with it might be a bulb out, but surely i'd notice that. Walking up to the front of the car, you dont notice any difference.

So could it be something to do with the reflector? I'm gonna phone the dealer tomorrow but wondered what you guys thought beforehand.

[i'm trying to post a sketch of the pattern the lights throw but it's not working, i'll try again]

·
Registered
884 Posts
Try parking with your car facing a wall about 15 ft. away. Turn on your headlights and compare the left and right patterns. They should look the same. Needless to say if you do this at night with no lights around it'll make things a lot easier.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts