MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I'm a new Mini owner & new member. Can someone please tell me what differences, if any, there are between the heads of a 2002 Mini Cooper and an R53 s/c 'Monte Carlo'? I'm assuming that the different compression ratios are achieved by using different pistons.

· Registered
1,302 Posts
I'm guessing it is a special edition, like the R56 "Goodwood" edition.

Can't help you much about heads but should be some thread like this one

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
What is a Monte Carlo? Never heard of it here in the UK. Pretty sure the heads aren't interchangable.
Nigel & KNT, thanks for replying, The Monte Carlo was a special 'S' released in '04 to commemorate Paddy Hopkirk's victory in that rally forty years earlier. They are dressed up accordingly, only in red with a white roof & with and an extra white stripe above the sills and a not too obtrusive number 37. Fog lights, sport pack etc. Mine has a JCW muffler & twin tailpipe setup. I don't know if it came with this or it's been added. A sticker on the steering wheel reads "number 8 of 40" but I think this only refers to the cars marketed in Australia as I read somewhere that a thousand had been planned.

With regard to my head query, a friend just down the road has a 'dead car' collection business and recently
acquired a '02 Mini Cooper. The motor had been rebuilt five weeks before the car was written off. He offered the wreck to me at a very attractive price but it was a 5-speed, not 6 and being unsupercharged, I thought that it would have different pistons and only the head might be of interest. I decided against it and it's now been sold.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.