MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Possibly/Probably a question for Mikey;

As far as I'm aware, you can't replace the existing stereo. In my opinion, the sound reproduction is not as good as it should be, especially with MP3 CD's. After hearing similar speaker setups in two different cars, my MINI and a friend of mine's Fiesta. He has a new headunit put in, and in my opinion, the sound reproduction is a lot better.

I *think* you can install a new headunit in the drawer above the glove compartment, but is there any room near the exisiting stereo unit to have a new stereo put in (if aligned properly) and have the MINI stereo next to it, so that computer and control units still work? It sounds complicated but perhaps possible?

·
Registered
691 Posts
Or just get the newministuff upgrade and it sounds great...and standard. Sounds maddness to have 2 stereos..and then just feed it from a iPOD...

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I've already got a new speaker setup. Seven new ones to be exact. A friend of mine has exactly the same speakers setup as in my MINI, in his Fiesta, except he has a new Kenwood headunit, and the sound reproduction just sounds a lot cleaner. Just wondering if there was any other way of having a new stereo/headunit other than in the glovebox.

EDIT: However, come to think of it, you're probably no far wrong with the iPod solution from Mikey as the iPod has its own built-in EQ control. Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts