MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I will get straight to the point.
New radiator fitted today as old was leaking. Anyway, I went on a 30 minutes journey straight after picking car up and realised that even though the heater was off, warm air was coming out of the vents. It was warm enough for me to start sweating.
I turned on climate control, put it on the lowest temp setting and then turned it off which stopped the warm air coming from the vents.
Never used to do this. Any ideas before I contact the garage please?

·
Registered
411 Posts
Radiator heating is common in older homes. Unfortunately, it’s an unreliable way to keep warm during the cold winter months. If you have concerns about your current heating system surviving another winter, upgrading to central heat is a great investment. Today, we will be discussing why you may want to consider a home radiator replacement or changing a radiator out in favor of central heat.

Eddy current training in chennai
Fuck all to do with this question, remove yourself from this site

·
Registered
411 Posts
Hi
I will get straight to the point.
New radiator fitted today as old was leaking. Anyway, I went on a 30 minutes journey straight after picking car up and realised that even though the heater was off, warm air was coming out of the vents. It was warm enough for me to start sweating.
I turned on climate control, put it on the lowest temp setting and then turned it off which stopped the warm air coming from the vents.
Never used to do this. Any ideas before I contact the garage please?
Probably because the rad is now working fully
However, it could be that the thermostat is stuck and keeping temperature too warm

·
Registered
2007 Mini Hatchback
8 Posts
Probably because the rad is now working fully
However, it could be that the thermostat is stuck and keeping temperature too warm
I realize this is an old post, but I just had my thermostat housing replaced on my '07 Cooper - maybe that is it? They are plastic and tend to crack with expansion and contraction. Though, you will see a ton of leaking coolant if this were the case.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts