MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't been able to find this answer any where.

Do Australian Mini's have electrically heated mirrors as standard?
Likewise, with the windscreen jets.

I Don't care too much about the windscreen jets, but no heated mirrors would be a major bummer compared to my current car. Currently this is the only thing that my current car has, that I'm not sure if the Mini does too.

Also those electrically folding mirrors, are they an option in Aust?

Thanks in advance.

·
Track Addict
2,622 Posts
AnthonyD said:
Haven't been able to find this answer any where.

Do Australian Mini's have electrically heated mirrors as standard?
Likewise, with the windscreen jets.

I Don't care too much about the windscreen jets, but no heated mirrors would be a major bummer compared to my current car. Currently this is the only thing that my current car has, that I'm not sure if the Mini does too.

Also those electrically folding mirrors, are they an option in Aust?

Thanks in advance.
Hi,

I'm not 100% sure, but I think the mirrors are heated. I've certainly never had any problems with them fogging under any driving conditions. The mirrors also seem to clear very rapidly if the car has been parked out overnight in the cold frost etc. :D

As far as I am aware electrically folding mirrors are not available. However, I'm not sure that you would ever need them. I have them on my X5, which is a big car, and only ever use them occasionally if parking in a tight single garage. The mini pops in and out of these garages with no dramas ;)

Cheers

Robbo

EDIT : Just confirmed from the owners manual, page 36, that the external door mirrors are heated, and function when the ignition key is turned to position 2 :D :D :D

·
Registered
624 Posts
DJP said:
Yes, this is a factory option @ $490
yep...
thats a bit expensive IMO.....
the electric folding mirros is a cool feature...... :D
and so is the heated side mirrors...
but 1 question i have always been wondering like robbo.....
are our side mirrors heated?? (anyone can find out a 100percent answer??)
i've certainly had never had a problems of foggy mirros from my memory..... :rolleyes:

if the 02+ MCS did have it and the 05 only as on option that would be crap........

·
saving the world
2,896 Posts
I'm very sure that the mirrors on my 2002 S are NOT heated, and I'm also just as sure that it wasn't an option that was available when I ordered.

If it was an option on the 05 cars, however, I wouldn't be surprised.

·
Track Addict
2,622 Posts
Hi,

In my O4 car, as I stated previously, the manual clearly states on page 36 that the mirrors are heated. I can't possibly understand why they would say that if it wasn't true :confused:

My 02 car is currently in the workshop (it virtually lives there) so I can't check the manual. I'll check when I pick it up tomorrow ;)

Cheers

Robbo

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.