MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
So close I can almost....
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My face lift '05 Coop with chilli pack doesn't appear to have heated wing mirrors. In the owners manual it's stated as an optional extra. I'm pretty staggard at that and even more so when you consider I have the chilli pack.

Is this an oversite? Should I contact my dealer? :confused:

·
Registered
336 Posts
It cost £40 to have mine specced in.

If you'd read the specs when you ordered, or looked in the brochure, you'd know that.

Try the online mini speccing app on www.mini.co.uk

·
Registered
241 Posts
Heated Mirrors and washer jets is an option that's not part of the Chilli pack - £40 if my memory serves me right....

·
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
MukiMunki said:
It cost £40 to have mine specced in.

If you'd read the specs when you ordered, or looked in the brochure, you'd know that.

Try the online mini speccing app on www.mini.co.uk
A very harsh tone Muki.

I don't recall the option when I spec'd my car. In fact all my previous cars had them as standard so it didn't enter my mind until my first frosty morning the other day.

Thanks for the reply.....I think! :rolleyes:

Well I didn't spec them, I bet all you're paying 40 quid for is the heater element on the back of the glass. I'll wager the wiring is there and just need to replace the glass. It may be worth a trip to a scrap yard.

·
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm going to whip one of the covers off this weekend and check if there's wiring there. If so a scrappers somewhere will have the glass with elements I reckon.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
As mentioned earlier, to get the heated mirrors you needed to specify the option "Heated Mirrors/Washerjets". You can see this in the Spec your Mini part of www.mini.co.uk.

I thought £40 seemed a little steep, but for both the mirrors and the heated washerjets I think it's okay value. Apparently they become active for a few mins when the temp is below freezing, nice. :cool:

·
MINI2 No.1
42,467 Posts
Prowse said:
I thought £40 seemed a little steep, but for both the mirrors and the heated washerjets I think it's okay value. Apparently they become active for a few mins when the temp is below freezing, nice. :cool:
They just heat up all the time. As my brother in law found out washing his MINI at the weekend with the car on listening to the radio! :)

·
ITS RAINNIN' SIDEWAYS
16,430 Posts
definately not on the visibility pack now (i know, i just added to my spec). it may have been in the past. the visibility pack is being discontinued from next year anyway, the individual items (heated screen, rain sensors & dimming mirror) will be specced individually to allow greater flexibility (& a price increase :rolleyes:)

·
Premium Member
9,742 Posts
Enders said:
I'm going to whip one of the covers off this weekend and check if there's wiring there. If so a scrappers somewhere will have the glass with elements I reckon.
They are not pre wired on my car - but I am putting some wires in & fitting the heated glass - then wiring them to work with the heated rear window :)

·
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
mikeythemini said:
They are not pre wired on my car - but I am putting some wires in & fitting the heated glass - then wiring them to work with the heated rear window :)
Hi Mike,

I'm really surprised about that. I looked at the DIY folding mirror part of your site. I'd have expected the connector you see when you remove the mirror from the door would at least have the wiring and it just didn't continue from that point. I don't doubt you for a second as I know your the man. Wow, BMW really do an economical install ! Have you decided to keep your MCS?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts