MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Now answering to Lady J!
10,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Turned on my heated rear screen/wing mirros this morning to clear the condensation off my wing mirros and the driver side mirror didn't seem to clear. Stuck my hand out the window and touched the mirror and it didn't even feel warm. It was working the other week. Anyone else had this? Am sure its only a fuse/wire or something and will get it checked out (i.e. get my dad to look at it!!) just wondered if anyone else had had this and knew what it might be.

Thanks,

julesx

·
Registered
30 Posts
Nope.

But, I your still under warranty get the Mini chaps at your dealer to sort it, its probably the heater element that has gone and not a fuse.
Also, the heated wing mirrors, washer heaters are always on so it won't be related to the rear demister.

Pacman

·
Now answering to Lady J!
10,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pacman said:
But, I your still under warranty get the Mini chaps at your dealer to sort it, its probably the heater element that has gone and not a fuse.
Also, the heated wing mirrors, washer heaters are always on so it won't be related to the rear demister.

Pacman
Car is only 18 months so still ok on warranty. Didn't realise the ehaters were alsways on on the wing mirros! Must be getting confused with my Beetle!

·
Motorer extraordinaire
131 Posts
Are you sure about that. I thought the wing mirror heaters came on with the rear
screen defroster. I suspect the washer nozzle heaters are turned on when the
outside temperature drops below a certain level. That's how it works in my Jag.

·
cristo
2,887 Posts
nope, they're always on....you can, however, pull the two 5 amp fuses for the
wing mirrors during the summer if you like....not sure if the washer heaters are
on a separate fuse or linked to something else, though .. I'll check the Bentley
wiring diagrams about that some time.

·
cristo
2,887 Posts
According to the Bentley Manual, fuse # F-35 ((left kick panel 2nd row, 2nd from
bottom - 5A) works the outside rearview mirror heaters and the windshield washer
nozzle heaters.
I think I'll pull mine for a few months next summer.

·
owt else is just traffic
1,462 Posts
I haven't had a problem with my heated mirrors but my heated front screen only demists on the drivers side.I've only had the car since mid September but i suppose its a trip to the dealers.I will say the speed at which the windscreen does demist on the drivers side is pretty impressive,it only takes a couple of seconds.

·
Now what have I done????
2,704 Posts
I've just posted elsewhere about my pasenger-side glass mirror falling off somewhere on the motorway in the dark the other night! Quite a surprise, a funny noise, then no mirror. The mirror surround etc are all absolutely fine - it looks like the mirror just "came unstuck"! But it has allowed me to see that behind the ex-mirror there are 2 very small connectors that I presume are to the heating element in the mirror, so your problem might simply be that one of these connectors has come loose....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts