MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Our not-so-trusty 2002 Cooper has sprung a leak in its heater matrix.

Was debating replacing it myself as it looks a really easy job, but as we have one of those third-party WMS warranties, I decided to take it to a garage on the off chance that WMS would pay up and save me a morning's work.

The garage called me back and the good news is that WMS have actually agreed to pay out!

But the bad news is that the replacement heater matrix is not available as according to BMW parts the spares in stock have been "recalled due to a manufacturing fault"! They've phoned around and so have I, and nobody knows how long they're going to be out of stock for or anything. So we have a mini with its cooling system in bits, no replacement part available, and nobody, not even BMW central cutomer services, who knows when they might be available again!

Has anyone else heard about this? Anyone any idea what's going on? Any idea who I can complain to about BMW's ridiculous idea of withdrawing a part without a replacement being available? And above all, anyone know where else I might be able to get hold of a replacement matrix asap?!

Any advice VERY much appreciated!

(Meanwhile i shall be driving the 20 year old polo that costs a tiny fraction as much, and NEVER breaks down...!)

harry

·
Ex Mini owner
8 Posts
Looks like mine went last night, phoning round same story.
None available and no news on when they will be available.
:frown:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nobody any ideas at all?
Is this normal for mini ownership - withdrawing parts without making an alternative available? Anyone any experience of similarly shonky service with any other parts or anything?

This has got to be the least reliable car i've ever owned..... tell me i'm just unlucky!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts