MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've bought a bit of clunker (2010 cooper d) and I'm working through various, mostly minor things, one of which I've only just noticed is that vent selector doesn't appear to be working.

At the moment I can only get the blower to come out of the footwell. This isn't a massive winter problem as heat rises and the car does get warm and clears the screen ok but obviously in summer when I want some cold AC on my face this isn't going to happen. It's not a climate control model, just the basic spec.

I've trying to google an answer and is this possibly what I need? If so, where does it live?

(can't post URLs yet) but it was for an ebay link to a MINI Cooper R56 Heater Flap Control Motor Actuator 3422659

Many thanks for any replies.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Hard to say if that is the correct part. realoem.com says that is the actuator/air recycle part. It could be the actual switch or that part. It looks like that part is in the left/NS (on UK car). Prise off the footwell cover with a plastic tool and see if you can see it, you may have to stand on your head! Quite awkward in there... if not, you are going to have to start taking the dash to bits, there are guides for that but I could find nothing relating to the actuator replacement for a MINI, same as you. Plenty about the fan, nothing about this part.

Voltmeter might come in handy too but I would start with that part since it is quite cheap second hand. You could try taking out the old one first before buying to see if there is an easy fix.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
Scudder
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing