MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
MTH MCS
Joined
·
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have purchased (nearly complete) the MTH upgrade for my MCS.
Has anyone any experience with Helix 13 in Philadelphia? I am thinking of adding a 15% pulley,
Has anyone done this?
How is it?
How were they?
Was the work done well?
On time?
When promised?
For the price promised?

Thanks

Robert
 

·
Mini Mod
Joined
·
9,227 Posts
mercury_62 said:
I have purchased (nearly complete) the MTH upgrade for my MCS.
Has anyone any experience with Helix 13 in Philadelphia? I am thinking of adding a 15% pulley,
Has anyone done this?
How is it?
How were they?
Was the work done well?
On time?
When promised?
For the price promised?

Thanks

Robert
They've done a buttload of work on MINIs. One of the original companies represented here on MINI2.
I can't recall ever hearing a bad comment about their work, schedule or pricing.
Very good rep.
When I finally pony up for an LSD that's where I'll be going. Even though it's 5+ hours away, one way.
 

·
MTH MCS
Joined
·
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
feedback appreciated

obehave said:
They've done a buttload of work on MINIs. One of the original companies represented here on MINI2.
I can't recall ever hearing a bad comment about their work, schedule or pricing.
Very good rep.
When I finally pony up for an LSD that's where I'll be going. Even though it's 5+ hours away, one way.
Thank you for taking the time to respond.

That settles it then Helix it is.
(As soon as I figure out 15% or 17% :confused: )

Robert
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,215 Posts
I've gotten both the 15% then later the 19% pulley done from Helix 13.. Eric and guys do excellent work. They even ran down to the Dragon and did a bunch of Pulley exchanges there. Oh and Obehave watch out for the killer tolls and the traffic on the way back. Took me 3hr 32min on the way up and 7+ hours on the way back. got stuck in the washington traffic
 

·
Mini Mod
Joined
·
9,227 Posts
Mugami said:
I've gotten both the 15% then later the 19% pulley done from Helix 13.. Eric and guys do excellent work. They even ran down to the Dragon and did a bunch of Pulley exchanges there. Oh and Obehave watch out for the killer tolls and the traffic on the way back. Took me 3hr 32min on the way up and 7+ hours on the way back. got stuck in the washington traffic
My a$$ puckers just thinking about DC traffic. :rolleyes:
I hate I-95 around there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
I've made the 275 mile one way trip to Eric @ Helix twice now.
Once last year for the 15% pulley and then this year for some more goodies and a 17% pulley. Eric has impressed me as a stand up guy.
Most likely when his twin charged system is out I will be there again! ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Eric @ Helix does great work

Eric at Helix just installed their 15% pulley and short shifter for me...he was flexible with scheduling, did a great job and was very professional and personable. Price was as quoted. I'd give them a "highly recommend".

As far as the actual upgrades...the short shifter has a great feel, but will take me a little bit to get used to....the pully - wow!

He even gave me a sneak preview of some twin-charger pix...it looked yummy. :p

Mike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
142 Posts
Eric from Helix is 7500 miles from me.

He did my pulley while he was on vacation in Hawaii, and I couldn't be happier. Knows what he is doing, tells it like it is, and was a pleasure to do business with. :cool:
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top