MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Just a little intro from a long time reader. Just joined today to post but i have been reading this forum for the past year or so to get info on the r53 MCS. i have ended up with a r56 MCS instead and here are some pics and specs.

2007 Mini Cooper S R56 Chilli British Racing Green/ White roof

Specs:
Chrome line interior
Piano Black Trim
Cream half leather
Sunroof
10 Speaker HiFi
Xenons

Mods:
Eibach Pro-Kit

Future Mods:
18" OZ Ultraleggeras
JCW Carbon scoop
JCW Carbon mirror caps
JCW Stage 1 Kit

Attachments

·
Mighty Mouse
99 Posts
Mmmmmmmmm....british racing green & whte roof, nice combo.

Welcome to MINI2, looks like the modding bug has already bitten :D

·
Gone Outside To Play
72 Posts
Congrats and welcome. How's the ride with the Eibach? Nice stance. :D

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Congrats and welcome. How's the ride with the Eibach? Nice stance. :D
ride is better than i expected, it is noticeably stiffer than the std sports suspension but it still absorbs bumps well and seems to match well with the sports absorbers. none of that 'bouncy' feeling of mismatched shock/springs and no bottoming out.

·
Gone Outside To Play
72 Posts
That's nice. Coming to the club run this Sunday? Will be good to see you there.

·
Registered
67 Posts
stiffer than the regular suspension... with the stock runflats? Can't imagine that, my wife moaned enough about the stock suspension/tyres as it is.

Dumped the runflats recently and slapped on a set of Toyo T1Rs and golly... they've actually got grip, they're quieter and the ride is hugely improved. It feels like driving a different car.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That's nice. Coming to the club run this Sunday? Will be good to see you there.
dont think i will be able to make it this sunday unless i can get off work :(

stiffer than the regular suspension... with the stock runflats? Can't imagine that, my wife moaned enough about the stock suspension/tyres as it is.

Dumped the runflats recently and slapped on a set of Toyo T1Rs and golly... they've actually got grip, they're quieter and the ride is hugely improved. It feels like driving a different car.
yeah the car is still on runflats. will be switching to 18s and normal tires soon so will see whether the ride changes.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'm guessing you'd negate some of the benefit in shifting to 18s.

The stock wheels (same as you have) have kind of grown on me really. Everyone has speedy gonzales chrome you beauty stuff now - think I'd rather stand out :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm guessing you'd negate some of the benefit in shifting to 18s.

The stock wheels (same as you have) have kind of grown on me really. Everyone has speedy gonzales chrome you beauty stuff now - think I'd rather stand out :)
as long as the ride quality with 18s with normal tires are at least equal to 17s with runflats i will be happy :)

stock wheels are ok but were too ordinary IMO. plenty of r56's have the crown wheels. was going to get something very rare....hamann anniversary's but the cost all up from hamann gmbh was $4000!!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Mm I think you're in the warm glow phase meself :)

I didn't mind the ride on the runflats either. Not until I did many hours on country roads, then it got a bit old...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts