MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...opening their doors on my newly acquired '04 Cooper S? Sorry, had to get that out... I haven't even had the thing a week and I've already received 2 door dings. I don't think I can park any farther away from other cars in the parking lots...Idiots!

Anyway, really just posting to say "Hi" to everyone here. This place looks like a great source for all things Mini, looking forward to shooting the breeze with all of you.

Cheers,
Dave

·
Registered
21,702 Posts
Hello and welcome to MINI2 :D

The best way ive found to not get carpark dings is to not park in them :p The only place my car is left is at home on the drive or the carpark at work across 2 spaces :eek: The dings you have picked up should be easy and cheap to repair though thats the good news :)

Anyway, congrats on your new MINI, enjoy!

·
R.I.P MINI2
17,651 Posts
Dammit! :(

I read, "What's with the morons..." and saw this was in Banter and thought we were in for a bit of fun! :( :p

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone....and sorry to Scrogg. That said, feel free to hijack this thread and have a go at the morons :D ...seems to be so many of them, at least around these parts... :p Unfortunately, they'll likely never see anything typed here. Even if they could see it, it's highly unlikely they'd actually be able to read and comprehend it.... ;)

By the way, did I post this in the wrong place? I wasn't sure and figured I might catch hell if I posted in the other forums as it wasn't technical in nature or specific to any aspect of Mini.

EDIT: Well, guess that answers my question. I've been officially relocated. :)

·
Oh good grief!
5,277 Posts
When parking at the supermarket, I tend to park as far away from other cars as possible even if it means a longer walk. I will also try and find the biggest space possible i.e. where both cars either side are right in the middle of their spaces. I never park near older cars especially those with scrapes and scratches down them as you know the owner doesn't care and wouldn't think twice about slamming their door into your bodywork! I also tend to steer clear of parking near 4x4's with their large opening doors. Finally if I can, I will park next to another MINI in the hope that they care as much about their car as yours! ;)

·
MINI2 Veteran
701 Posts
I wish we could invent a special insurance company for this sort of thing.

Basically, to be a member, pay something like £20 a year, when someone dings your car you must take a pic on a phone or something to shame them. Once you do that, we pay for your car to be done by a PDR company. And then attempt to get the money from the other party.

But its about shaming these people! -

Its a catch 22 situation, park in one space, get door dent, park in two, get attitude from people or parking attendants and get a ding anyway.

Grrrrrr!

·
Uranus is composed of gas
3,507 Posts
Hi Dave and welcome to MINI2! :)

Are you the young man who purchased a Whalen on eBay recently???

As for the door dings, try parking as far back in the spot as possible. Remember, your car is much shorter than most which allows you to do this. Oh, and never park next to cars with long doors (T-Birds, Jags, etc.). I don't recommend taking up 2 spots, though. As you know, folks in the US have stockpiles of rage just waiting to be unleashed and it's best not to take more than your fare share (of parking spaces, that is). :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the welcome, everyone...:)

In regards to the Whalen, nope, that wasn't me. It came with the car, purchased by the original owner. That said, I really like the extra mass it has, looks quite nice as well. Currently using the original as a paper weight in my home office. :)

"parent and child spaces"...I don't think we have any around here. They try to cram too many spaces out of most of the lots around here, makes for some really narrow parking. I've been parking as far away as possible from other vehicles, no new dents as of yet...still ****ed about the first two though... :mad: I suppose I'll get over it...someday...

·
Registered
25 Posts
I totally agree ...about the morons who think its fun to bash, ding and scrape a bmw mini...:angry:
Mine was recently keyed or similar object was used on my 2002 mini one by a moron with little or no IQ.....
Never seen this idiot but boy was I fuming..!
Out of all the cars parked in the street they chose mine.:frown:

Sorted now , but there seems to be an element who dont like mini drivers, even at junctions no one is in a hurry to let me me out...

Moan over and welcome to this forum...:D

·
Registered
24 Posts
HI and welcome!

I too have a lovely free mod in the guise of a parking dent smack bang in the middle of the passenger door, really makes my blood boil! Especially seeing as I am in the process of replacing another bumper from car park nudge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts