MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Just joined the forum as I have just bought a 2008 Cooper S Clubman. My first "new" mini. 98,000 miles, full leather, factory nav, cruise, auto aircon etc.

I have 2 old classic minis (which are currently restoration projects) - both are estates. One is a 1968 Austin Mini Countryman and the other is a 1969 Morris Mini Traveller. Hence the reason that the new mini also needed to be an estate :)

I have several other cars, a 1977 MG Midget (project nearing completion), 1972 Triumph Stag (project), 2006 Daimler Super 8, 2003 Merc SL 500 and a 1992 Toyota HiLux Surf, so am into cars in a big way. Most of these are too big for the car park at work..... and there are at least 10 people at work with minis :) So thought I would join the in-crowd.

Pretty handy with the spanners and have most tools available. Have rebuilt or restored several cars over the years, no no fear of any mechanical challenge!

The Mini was bought with a known problem of a worn/noisy timing chain.... unfortunately that escalated within a day of it arriving... more in another post where I will be asking for advice.

Am based on the Surrey/West Sussex border near Gatwick.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.