MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say hello to all on this great forum which was very helpful to me with my order yesterday of a 2009 MCS.

My dealer here in Florida told me I should expect delivery in late September. I wonder if this is a bit soon to expect the vehicle?

I ordered the ubiquitous dark gray with black top, black leather, AT, prem, Convenience, antracite headliner, arm rest, 16" Bridge wheels.

Like so many others, I am getting the AT so my wife can drive the car! But, the consolation is the rev matching of the tranny when you manually use it?

Is it true that the wonderful burble/backfire exhaust sounds have been dumbed down for the USA?

Anyhow, now I will settle down for the wait. I have an 06 Mazda MX-5 that will be traded in on the MCS, and it is such a nice ride that the wait will not be intolerable. It actually is a hoot to drive!

Again, hello to all!

Bob

·
Registered
37 Posts
its probably about right, from my recent experience. i was looking at ordering one recently and the waiting time from ordering was just a month! ok, so im in the uk so would be a bit shorter than for you but still lot less than it used to be.

i did query that with the dealer but he admitted that the demand had fallen off for all new car purchases over the past 6 months or so, including mini, so the build times have become shorter. must definitely be falling off, cos he also offered me 5% discount to buy one at the time. i didnt, for other reasons, but its great news for people buying new mini now - less time to wait, and some meaty discounts to boot!

hope you enjoy your car :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Waiting for MCS

Kathy-

Thanks for reply.

It seems interesting that in the UK sales are falling off. Here (West coast of Florida) the dealers are saying that the demand is so high that they can not keep up with it. My dealer gave me $200 off and free floor mats!

As you know, we are not used to paying the current high prices for gas, and, a lot of people are trading in their huge gas-guzzling SUVs for more efficient cars.

I thought I might get some replies to my other specific questions. With this "bump" perhaps some others will chime in?

·
Loves the Fuzzy One
16,525 Posts
Hi Bob and welcome to MINI2!

I've ordered a MINI on the east coast and the timeline seems to be that delivery is about a month after build date. Since yours is an 09 model, build date has to be in September so I would expect the car in early October. :) Your is coming into Charleston then getting trucked down to FL.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Bob actually your new Mini should arrive in Georgia then shipped south. From others I've emailed in FLA that is the VDC they get their Minis from. Cheers

·
A Total Mini Convert
923 Posts
Why is it when I read the title of this thread I expect it to be about an MCS owner who is pregnant ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts