MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
It's now S power!!
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered my Dooper exactly a week today but specified that I wanted it delivered for September. Seeing as this is my first new car- I thought the process was quite baffling. i did want to know when it was likely to be built etc but he didn't know. In fact he didn't seem to know much at all...
What did you guys know when you placed your order that day? Would they know more a week on? I'd really like to be kept in the picture obviously.
Another thing is I part xed my 2006 A3 for the mini, but obviously keeping it until delivery date. My tax runs out on the 30th August- Do I have to fork out £125 for a new tax disc for the sake of a few days?
I'm sure I'll have more questions- thanks for your help!!:)

·
Clubman 'S' Power
343 Posts
it if runs out on 30th august, and you collect your new car on 1st September you should be allowed to leave your A3 at the dealership on 30th august and declare it off road because the dealership will own it from then. So you will be without a car for 24 hours

·
It's now S power!!
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Trouble is I do need a car to get to the dealership!!!

·
Miss Independent
791 Posts
Just drive there on the first of September, the police wont worry if its 1 day overdue.

·
It's now S power!!
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Don't the DVLA fine you automatically if you don't tax it when due?

·
Miss Independent
791 Posts
Don't the DVLA fine you automatically if you don't tax it when due?
It doesnt happen that quickly. Also if your trading the car in on the first, its then the traders car therefore you no longer have to worry.

·
It's now S power!!
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I really don't know if I could risk it but the idea of forking out £125 for 6 months tax for a few hours use is sickening!! Can I get the 5 months worth of tax left back straightaway at the local DVLA?
Rang dealer yesterday-She advised me not to bother taxing it!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts