MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Future Mini Driver
Joined
·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I didn't see any specific forum for introductions so i'll do it here. I'm Kyle, i'm 17, and I'm from New Hampshire. (USA)

I currently drive a 2003 Saturn Ion (go ahead and laugh) that I got when I turned 16. I'm going to keep that until I finish high school, then start looking for a new car this summer. As of right now, the Mini is at the top of my list. I'm planning on commuting to college a couple days a week for awhile (about an hour each way) so I need a somewhat reliable and economical car. Being a car enthusiast, the Saturn isn't cutting it. I want something fun to drive, while still being practical for a teenager at the same time. I haven't decided if I'll go for a new Mini, or pick one up that's a couple years old. Time will tell. This place seems pretty cool, I look foward to reading up on the Mini here, because I really don't know that much about it, other than the fact that it's one sweet looking ride.

-Kyle
 

·
Loves the Fuzzy One
Joined
·
16,525 Posts
Hi Kyle and welcome! Have you checked out the New England forum yet? Lots of nice people posting there. And you are near the biggest MINI event in the US, MINIs on Top. Check the thread in the NE forum. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
hey neighbor!

glad to see another (hopefully future) NH owner in here... I'm just waiting out the worst of the winter months before plopping down my deposit on an S... Santa's gonna be delivering late for me this year... :D have you had the pleasure of driving one yet? if not, be warned... it's addicting...
 

·
Future Mini Driver
Joined
·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
wordsNguitars said:
glad to see another (hopefully future) NH owner in here... I'm just waiting out the worst of the winter months before plopping down my deposit on an S... Santa's gonna be delivering late for me this year... :D have you had the pleasure of driving one yet? if not, be warned... it's addicting...
Hey...no, I actually haven't had the chance to drive one yet because, as you know, there isn't really a dealer close to us (i'm just north of you in Merrimack). Mini of Peabody is the closest I think, and I haven't made the trip down there yet. I wish Tulley BMW in Nashua would open up a Mini branch, oh well. I've been in Minis before, I just haven't gotten to drive one myself.
 

·
Future Mini Driver
Joined
·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
AprilWhine said:
Hi Kyle and welcome! Have you checked out the New England forum yet? Lots of nice people posting there. And you are near the biggest MINI event in the US, MINIs on Top. Check the thread in the NE forum. :)
now I have...thanks

When I get my Mini, i'll definitely go to MOT...it looks awesome.
 

·
Future Mini Driver
Joined
·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
wordsNguitars said:
not to be evil and all, but I live a mile from Tulley, and at last check, they had a Cooper and Cooper S on the lot... :D
yeah...but they're used...right? No that there's anything wrong with that, but I'd like to go to a real Mini dealership when I get a chance...I've never been to one. Maybe i'll stop in at Tulley sooner or later. Then again, i'm 17 so i'd have to drag my parents.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
I just got a mailing from Mini of Peabody - yeah, they are my dealer, too - saying they were getting rid of all pre-owned inventory at dealer-employee level discount in the next couple weeks. if I were you, and looking for something in the future that mightn't be brand new, I'd want to get on their mailing list.

ETA - welcome!
 

·
Future Mini Driver
Joined
·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Pru said:
I just got a mailing from Mini of Peabody - yeah, they are my dealer, too - saying they were getting rid of all pre-owned inventory at dealer-employee level discount in the next couple weeks. if I were you, and looking for something in the future that mightn't be brand new, I'd want to get on their mailing list.

ETA - welcome!
thanks for the tip...i'm definitely signing up...I would say i'm leaning towards getting a used Cooper, but i'm not 100% sure.

BTW...How is Mini of Peabody? They will most likely be my dealer of choice.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top