MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.

Just wanted to say I am new here and am looking forward to posting in the next couple of weeks about my thoughts on my new Mini that is on order.... Yippeee!!

I have on order a Black Mini One with 16" seven fins and Silver Viper stripes. The car that I am buying is a showroom model that the dealer was unable to get rid of due to the person who originally ordering it cancelling on them. This means I do not have to go on a waiting list and can pick the car up at the end of the month (the weekend of my 25th Birthday). I can't wait!!!

Both my Mum and Brother already have a Mini themselves so I will make the third in my family with one.... May have to drive out to Italy for a bank job! ;)

Anyhow, just thought I would say HI EVERYONE!

p.s. Anyone with a black Mini One with 16" fins care to post a picture of their car? (I have checked the Personal Galleries already but there are not many pictures with my specs).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers Guys :cool:

Is there any advice you have for me when I get my car? I have heard that you should drive below 3,000 RPM for the first 1000 miles..... is this correct?

KPKalle, your car looks sweet!
 

·
total MINI . com
Joined
·
34,893 Posts
Hello and welcome :)

You keep below 4,500 for the first 1200 miles, and keep varying the rev range. Do a search on here for running in and it will throw you up loads of advice :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SoggyCornFlakes said:
Hello and welcome :)

You keep below 4,500 for the first 1200 miles, and keep varying the rev range. Do a search on here for running in and it will throw you up loads of advice :)
Thanks for the advice.... will give that a go!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
183 Posts
Cool mate, you also joined mini2. Surpose I will have to get you chrome mirror caps for your birthday! :eek:

:silver: :velvet: :blblack:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
trialsride said:
Cool mate, you also joined mini2. Surpose I will have to get you chrome mirror caps for your birthday! :eek:

:silver: :velvet: :blblack:
HELLO RICH!



They are a bit expensive mate, so don't worry.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
AtomicKiwi said:
Welcome to MINI2! :D Congrats on your MINI One on order!
Thanks. I like your Cooper. Looks good in Pepper White... almost blends in with the snow :D

I like how you named your car Nigel. I will have to name mine when I get it :confused:

I will post some pics when I get my Mini. Less than 14 days to go!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
trialsride said:
True, will get you a chrome wheel nut instead :p
Sounds good, but it might look a little silly with only one nut being chromed :p

Are you going to post pics of your car Bro? ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
jpsmini said:
Hi, welcome to MINI2 :)

A MINI One, good choice ;)
Thanks. I am glad to be a member of the club.

Talking about being a member, has anyone done a social meeting yet? I will have to see when the next drive is because I would be very interested in going driving with people with similar interests.
 

·
off out....
Joined
·
19,946 Posts
AlexOnE said:
Thanks. I am glad to be a member of the club.

Talking about being a member, has anyone done a social meeting yet? I will have to see when the next drive is because I would be very interested in going driving with people with similar interests.

Hiya! :D

14 days & counting...... hope the wait isn't becoming too painful :eek:

The runs are a must - do one, they are some of the best fun you'll ever have with your MINI :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
villa mini said:
Hiya! :D

14 days & counting...... hope the wait isn't becoming too painful :eek:

The runs are a must - do one, they are some of the best fun you'll ever have with your MINI :D
Guess I will have to wait until January to go on a run to let my Engine/etc bed in and allow me time to get used to the mad go-kart like handling! :cool:

So, have you been on a run? Where did you go? What was it like?

p.s. 14 days feels like 14 years mate!!!
 

·
off out....
Joined
·
19,946 Posts
AlexOnE said:
Guess I will have to wait until January to go on a run to let my Engine/etc bed in and allow me time to get used to the mad go-kart like handling! :cool:

So, have you been on a run? Where did you go? What was it like?

p.s. 14 days feels like 14 years mate!!!

3 runs so far - 1 in north yorkshire, then hadrians wall, & tan hill, marvellous twisty roads, great scenery & great people (check out the threads in the UK & Ireland bit as the pics should still be there from those runs & others too)

ps. just wait till the night before - then you'll know how waiting feels :p tis worth it tho :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
villa mini said:
3 runs so far - 1 in north yorkshire, then hadrians wall, & tan hill, marvellous twisty roads, great scenery & great people (check out the threads in the UK & Ireland bit as the pics should still be there from those runs & others too)

ps. just wait till the night before - then you'll know how waiting feels :p tis worth it tho :D
Will check that section of the forum out. Thanks for the heads up.

Sounds like you have done some quite picturesque routes. I like the sound of windy roads!

p.s. Sleeping could be a problem the night before getting my baby :p
 
1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Top