MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all im new to the forum and wanted to introduce myself.

Im thinking of getting either a Cooper D or the Cooper S, i currently have an 08 reg Clio 197 but im starting to do more mileage so need something better on fuel. I drive with a lead right foot so was just wondering what sort of MPG i should expect from either.

What sort of discount can i expext and does anybody have any experiance of mini select or PCP or Lease Purchase deals. i bought the clio cash and might do the same again but was thinking about freeing some cash up for a project. I dont want to get ripped off before i sign on the dotted line.

Looks a good forum this and i hope to use it more.

·
GP1224
53 Posts
In my experience, don't expect discount from a dealer, though the finance packages can be pretty good. I actually didnt spend my own money on my mini, as it earned more interest in a high interest bank account than i was paying on finance!!!
not sure about mpg, but my (now stolen) GP averaged 25mpg with a fair split between london and motorway driving.

·
24hr
248 Posts
Hi Matthew,

Welcome to the site. I tested the 197 quite a bit before I got my 08 Cooper S and I did really like the car, but it was definately heavier on fuel than the mini. I can easily get 40mpg at normal motorway speed on longer journeys and the longer trips I did in the Clio got nowhere near that ?

Can't tell you about Cooper D's or PCP, lease deals etc but I'm sure some other peeps will fill you in.

Have you test driven either of them ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well the clio is heavy on fuel to say the least 22mpg on the country lanes and 30 tops on the motorway, i have always been a Renault Sport man In the last Year i have had a Megane 225 Cup and the Megane R26. But its time for a change.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts