MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just talked to my dealership and they told me that the BMW body kit for my mini cooper would cost $3,800 with install!! :eek: Is this high??? I thought that it would be at most $2800 but 3800!?? Can somebody please help me!! This is in Canadian dollars by the way.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Its not that ive been quoted in US dollars... I just went to minimania.com to see the approx. value of the bodykit and they sell it for 1,275 USD = 1,695.75 CAD . I also talked to the body shop that my dealer goes through and they quoted me $1400 for paint and install. I think that I will just do it away from the dealership!

·
Registered
54 Posts
I was quoted a price of 3600$ here in Montréal by my dealer. That was at the end of
May. It's very expensive. I will have everything painted the same colour as the car. It will cost me only 1500$. Much less expensive and it's hard to tell the difference...

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I was quoted about $3000 U.S. for installed kit, so your price is consistent with that. Dealers are expensive. But good luck finding a body shop to do it for you -- perhaps it's easier in Canada, but I have had hell finding any body shop in town here (Austin Texas) to install a body kit. They don't wanna touch it.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
MINIMALISTE said:
I was quoted a price of 3600$ here in Montréal by my dealer. That was at the end of
May. It's very expensive. I will have everything painted the same colour as the car. It will cost me only 1500$. Much less expensive and it's hard to tell the difference...
you are just going to paint over the black bodykit?

·
Registered
54 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have talked to the body shop where I get everything done and they charge 1400$ for install and painting so i think im just going to order it from the internet and get them to do it.. Does anyone know if there are any companies from canada that sell bodykits over the internet or the cheapest US company?

·
Registered
54 Posts
You got it ! All the black parts will be painted over...monochromatic look. Done by the dealer prior to delivery... and 1500$ instead of the 3600$ for the aero kit. It takes a very trained eye to tell the difference from 15 feet away.

·
MINI2 Lover
463 Posts
dealers are gay..One in crowfoot is soo rude..My friend works at the BMW dealers by it and He gave me HUGE dicount on my MCS and they are thinking i'm poor or something...basturds. YEA I"M POOR TAT"S WHY MY DAD DRIVES A 2004 JAGUAR S TYPE R BIATCHES!! anyways...don't get ANYTHING from the dealers. they are gay and will rip u off BAD.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
6 Participants
luVlee
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing