MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I started having trouble with my clutch last Sat. It started whining only when depressed and vibrating. My car would not start come Sun night. It was towed to the dealership and they are telling me that it is gonna cost me $3000 to put in a new clutch. They are trying to blame it on my driving. The dealership won't pull the transmission to see what it is until I agree to the $3000 charge just in case it is not a warranty issue. They are basing the diagnosis on the burnt smell when they open the hood. Note that this smell was not there when the car left my house. Come to find out the dealership kept trying to start the car until the clutch finally engaged (which they said it took quite awhile to do it) and they drove it in the service area. I live in an area that is flat and most of my driving is highway. The clutch never slipped before as a signal it was going out. Has anyone had any problems or heard of this problem before? I need help figuring out what to do to fight this. I have a 2003 S with 36000 miles.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts