MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my 05 r52 Cooper S has been sputtering for the past two weeks. I did 2 fuel treatments to rule out water in the fuel and the car eventually starved for fuel and died on me while I was on the interstate last Saturday. Got the report back from the dealership today and nothing even remotely related to the fuel system is in the report. After going back and forth with the service advisor he finally admitted that the vacuum line to brake booster was so brittle that when the tech was taking it off to check compression it “crumbled”. (SA also said if I didn’t replace this I wouldn’t have power brakes) Anyone have experience with these parts would that line even get brittle and crumble? OEM ones seem to be about $55 yet the dealer quoted me $253.47 just for that part. From what research I’ve done online and my understanding of cars it seems to me like my issue is fuel system related and most likely the fuel pump going out as car is at about 165k miles. Any help would be wonderful as I will be calling and talking to the senior service advisor tomorrow who I’ve dealt with before about why it seems they didn’t even check the fuel system, I’ll attach SS of xtime quote of other parts they seem to think need to be replaced. Thank you for any help!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts