MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my pepper white MINI last night and this afternoon i noticed that the body and bumper are slightly different colors. Both the front and rear bumpers seem to be lighter colors than the body. What's going on? Also in the fog light well in the front and the petruding lines in the back near the rear fog, it seems like there is a light blue showing. Since these are crevices, it seems that the paint did not get in there!!! very funny looking overall.. Is this normal, or is my MINI messed up?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also I dont think it has anythign to do with the light, since I moved it around a bit to get a good look at it.

·
MINI VANILLI
203 Posts
i have a pepper white and have not noticed these things on mine. either mini screwed up at the factory or dare i say... your mini bumpers were damaged somewhere between the factory and when you picked it up and a touch up job was done. i would bring it up to the dealer.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Frequently the color will look slightly different on the bumper than on the rest of the vehicle. The bumpers are made of a different material than the sheet metal body. However, I would still point it out to the dealer.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
argh... i'm going to the dealer tomorrow to compare my car to the other pepper whites they have. hopefully things get sorted out

·
Registered
241 Posts
Hi,

If there is a colour difference between any parts on a new car, this is down to a quality issue and I would definately take it back to the dealer to be sorted, otherwise it will always look like you've had the bumpers re-sprayed.

where I work we supply bumper/spoilers & exterior plastic bits for many automotive companies(not mini unfortunately) and we always have to match our paint to the master to ensure everything looks the same, if it's slightly out then the parts are failed and are sent back for re-painting.

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
there will sometimes be slight variances, but you should not accept this, photo's would help to show us it;)

but take it back and complain;)

I was in a dealers this week and there was a Hot Orange MCC and the boot hinges were a not painted correctly, so I know that this can happen, but to what extent?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well.. i went over there and looked at two other PW Mini's and they all looked the same. It was a rainy day with little light so i might be wrong, but for the most part i'm pretty sure they all look the same.

Still have to talk to a BMW rep though, since my dealer doesn't make any decisions. So, I'll see what he says.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts