MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok,today i took my coopes s to a garage to get the mot done. i passes 110% ok. i took it home 30 sec drive. then i thought i wud go mcds coz im lazy and i noticed the temp was at the norm, about half way! but the heaters was cold??? ok? then the temp started going up so when it got to 3/4 i stoped the engine let it cool down for 3/4 hr and look in the header tank and it was kinda emmpty. so i toped it up and now i think it may have a air lock because the temp keeps goin up? how or what is the best way to bleed it up? thatnks ste

·
Registered
248 Posts
Welcome to Mini2
I think there is a bleed velve somewhere but have never done this so I can't help. It might be on FAQ somewhere.
Can you tell me what mcds means?

·
Cleaning Whore
356 Posts
ok,today i took my coopes s to a garage to get the mot done. i passes 110% ok. i took it home 30 sec drive. then i thought i wud go mcds coz im lazy and i noticed the temp was at the norm, about half way! but the heaters was cold??? ok? then the temp started going up so when it got to 3/4 i stoped the engine let it cool down for 3/4 hr and look in the header tank and it was kinda emmpty. so i toped it up and now i think it may have a air lock because the temp keeps goin up? how or what is the best way to bleed it up? thatnks ste

hi mate, i had the exact same problem with mine, but my fan had broken and siezed, so was overheating.... By the sounds of it, having the engine up to heat and no heating in the car there is a air lock, as the engine water is not getting rotated around. If i was you i would get the car upto half heat, feel the top header hose on the radiator, and feel if its hot( as the car heating works off the hot water!(Should be very hot header hose)), if it is then look elsewhere, if it isnt then the water is not getting put around, maybe thermostat is locked, etc etc.. Also check your fan works. make sure you keep it topped up...

Does it overheat when driving? or just stopped? As when i went to mcd's thats when it overheated for first time (Mc Donalds by the way:p)

Anyway let us know. Cheers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts