MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya,

I recently changed my cooper bumpers both front and back to cooper s ones and it IMHO it looks a lot nicer now. I won a cooper s full exhaust system on ebay the other day and i was just wondering what exactly is needed to fit the exhaust. Is there anything that i will need to order from BMW and has anyone got any detailed instructions or advice on what i will need to do. Will most likely be doing it this weekend so any help will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers guys!

·
Mr 120d Sport
4,610 Posts
daniel_davies said:
Hiya,

I recently changed my cooper bumpers both front and back to cooper s ones and it IMHO it looks a lot nicer now. I won a cooper s full exhaust system on ebay the other day and i was just wondering what exactly is needed to fit the exhaust. Is there anything that i will need to order from BMW and has anyone got any detailed instructions or advice on what i will need to do. Will most likely be doing it this weekend so any help will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers guys!
As far as I'm aware, the MCS exhaust will not fit a Cooper. This is because the floorpan in the area of the boot is completely different.

The MC has a wheelwell for the spare wheel, whereas the MCS has no spare, but the battery sits in it's place.

Hence the two are not directly compatible.

The only way you can get a twin exhaust similar to the MCS is to have one custom made.

Hope this helps.......

Robert

·
JP :-)
1,901 Posts
sorry to off topic, any chance of some pictures of the cooper S bumpers, I am on the prowl for some at the minute ;)

cheers

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was pretty sure with a couple of minor modifications that this was possible to do. If anyone at all has done this with either a standard S exhaust or an aftermarket S exhaust please let me know what i need and how i go about fitting it.

jpsmini - I have uploaded a number of pics i took the other weekend of before and after fitting the Cooper S bumpers. Just go into my personal gallery if you want to see what it looks like. I much prefer the look of the car with these bumpers over standard Cooper. It just looks a lot more agressive and sporty.

·
Maxin' and Relaxin'
423 Posts
although i've read on here in the past that u cant put the s exhaust on a one or cooper, i've seen a one with cooper s bumpers and exhaust. it was a demo at the dealers where my cousin worked so it must be possible somehow.

·
Dude with a MINI
188 Posts
i've been told it is possible but requires a few mods to heathshield, chassis mounts etc. Depending what 'S' exhuast you're trying to fit will determine the amount of modifications required to exhuast area. there is another thread on here about a guy who managed to fit a 'S' scorpian system to his cooper

·
hey lightbulb head....
1,305 Posts
it is possible, the plastic spare wheel well just unbolts from under the car with some plastic nuts and a few screws, but you have probably already done this as you have changed the bumpers anyway! it is easily possible to fit the s exhaust as long as the brackets are modified properly! you also have to cut the heatsheild in a few places aswell to allow the pipes to route to the centre! the side plastic trims have to be changed on the rear bumper aswell as the middle trim as the s ones sit lower so they wont meet up correctly if you just try and fit just the middle bit! good luck with it anyway! if you are unsure still about the fitting, your local powerflow centre should be able to knock up some proper brackets for it as they make customs exhausts anyway!

good luck

·
Dude with a MINI
188 Posts
the 'S' exhuast i'm considering is this:

Has anyone else bought this (either for their S or O/C)? Does anyone know if this exhuast comes fitted with all hangers/mounts etc?

·
hey lightbulb head....
1,305 Posts
the exhaust comes fitted with the hangers but you will have to modify the right hand mount on the cooper and make a bracket for the left backbox! easy enough if you know about this sort of thing! you will also have to cut the heatsheild where the pipe seperates into 2! its not hard job really!! good luck with it :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.