MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Has anyone fittied a new front end cat and exhaust manifold for 52 Cooper S ? Do you have any photos or instructions please ? Very little in the Haynes manual (a 3 spanner job..apparently) and having looked it seems light and not good access to manifold bolts..

Ordered stainless steel front end set from USA. Should be here in 5 days.

Local job for garage with ramps perhaps

Steve :confused:

·
Registered
3 Posts
hi green fish i notice you have fitted the megan racing manifold i have a mini cooper and im having a problem putting the new one on, i got the car on ramps about half a meter off the floor i cant get the manifold in place at all.so im hastily searching the net for a answer i dont want to have to put the old one back on and take it to a garage, can you advise me on what you done thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
it is the 14th of august 7 pm if you recieve this in the next few hours please ring me on 07792215039 my wife needs the car tommorrow need the advice fast . thanks

·
MINI Obsessed...
4,989 Posts
The manifold on the MCS isnt that hard of a job really as long as you remove the sheilding directly above the CAT. When putting the new manifold on I always locate the manifold and gasket on one of the centre bolts and then fit both side ones to confirm its in place. Shouldnt be a mission!

Worth removing the coil pack to give more space and less scratched up arms :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts