MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi The fog light on our mini COOPER convertible has fallen out of the casing. How easy is it to get to and put back in place or replace it. help!

·
Mini Youngster
2,437 Posts
Fallen out as in out the front of the bumper and is gone??

Or has it fallen behind the bumper?

EDIT: it just screws in, remove bumper and screw it back in if it has falled out behind the bumper.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi The fog light on our mini COOPER convertible has fallen out of the casing. How easy is it to get to and put back in place or replace it. help!

·
Mini Youngster
2,437 Posts
Hi Sorry To Be A Bit Thick But Is The Bumper Quite Easy To Remove And Put Back On. Chhers
It isnt too bad at all.

Basically, open the bonnet, there will be a screw each side of the radiator, undo those.

Then look on the inside of each wheel arch, there will be a screw going upwards and one going horizontal, unscrew those.

Then look under the bumper, there are a few screws that you need to remove.

After that remove the temperature sensor at the bottom (this gives you the nice outside air temp readout) just unplug it from the bumper.

Then undo the clips and it comes off.

Then for putting it back on, clips, sensor and screws.

:D

·
Got Bling?
21 Posts
May not be easy. If it has fallen out because of an impact, it may have broken off the tabs that hold it in place.

You will probably need to remove the front bumper cover and reattach it. I hit an orange cone and mine broke loose. It broke one tab off the light and the other attachment point broke off the car! It is attached to the Radiator core support. A big plastic piece that I could not replace without removing the radiator, A/C and many parts!

So I used a 2 part epoxy about a year ago and it has held fine.

Good Luck!

Mike,
Texas

·
Got Bling?
21 Posts
May not be easy. If it has fallen out because of an impact, it may have broken off the tabs that hold it in place.

You will probably need to remove the front bumper cover and reattach it. I hit an orange cone and mine broke loose. It broke one tab off the light and the other attachment point broke off the car! It is attached to the Radiator core support. A big plastic piece that I could not replace without removing the radiator, A/C and many parts!

So I used a 2 part epoxy about a year ago and it has held fine.

Good Luck!

Mike,
Texas

1 - 11 of 11 Posts