MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
My daughter is doing her driving test on Thursday and the Airbag Light has just come on in the last few days. Have the car booked into MINI dealer next week but have just found out that the driving tester will likely refuse to proceed with the test if any red lights are showing on dash.

I can't arrange MINI to check the light before the drive test and also can't arrange a replacement car - it needs to be a MINI as my daughter has done all her practice in it & it would not help her confidence if I put her in a different car.

So temp solution is to put the light out just for the drive test - anyone know if there is a fuse I could pull or any quick way to get the light off?

Any help would be appreciated!
George

·
Registered
5,861 Posts
You need a B200 Bmw Airbag Light Reset tool available on ebay for about £50 but you would be lucky to get it by Thursday. The light is normally due to a seat airbag connector but can not be switched off without the above tool or by a MINI dealer.
Pulling a fuse will have other implications for the car and airbag SRS system so is not really advisable.
How about some tape over the light for now but they may notice!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello all,
Thanks for the help - I can't get it reset before the drive test so need to consider fuse option - does anyone know the fuse (+what else would be on the same fuse?) - I can then decide if it is safe to remove or not.
From what I have read on this forum it would appear the airbags are turned off once the airbag light is on. If so, removing a fuse to turn off the light for 1-2 hours while doing a driving test will not have a further safety implication - it is already at the status that the airbags won't fire in event of crash.

George

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello Mab01UK,
Thanks for the fuse link - looks like what I need.

We have NCT(National Car Test) in Rep of Irl, similar to MOT & as far as I know, the airbag light is not a fail item in our NCT either.

But it is not NCT I am going for. My daughter is doing her driving test tomorrow and when she did a pre test with a qualified instructor, he said that tester may not proceed with test in any red warnings are showing on dash. - It is not a definite but I don't want to take a chance as there is a long waiting period to re-schedule driving tests and my daughter has done a lot of preparation - lesson course, pre-tests, practice, etc.

I will let you know how we get on.

George

1 - 6 of 6 Posts