MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi there need a little help. i have just purchased a set of cobra bucket seats. i have been to cobra got the brackets needed to fit them, and now wanna fit them. does anyone know how to remove the front seats cheers neil

·
Feel the G's
122 Posts
I dont know if you ever saw or bought a magazine called New Mini which was out in the last few months, as far as I'm aware there has only been one edition so far.
Anyway, they did a guide on how to change the seats for the Cooper Works jobbies, but I'm sure its a very similar procedure. Their web address is www.newmini.org if it helps as the guide may be on the site.

Hope this helps

Scottybhoy

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks people got them fitted. four torx bolts came out a treat. set of cobras now in place. easy job and cobra's cooper sub frames worked a treat. only took four hours to change the lot.

cheers neil

·
Dude with a MINI
188 Posts
mikeythemini said:
Just 4 torx bolts 1 in each corner
Be warned though if you switch the car on with the 2 plugs that are connected to the factory seats disconnected it will bring the airbag light on
can anything be done about this? since am i correct in thinking that if fitting aftermarket seats the airbag connections wont be there and so as a result the two plugs wont be used meaning the airbag light will always be on...?

·
Registered
708 Posts
weefozzy Jr said:
thanks people got them fitted. four torx bolts came out a treat. set of cobras now in place. easy job and cobra's cooper sub frames worked a treat. only took four hours to change the lot.

cheers neil
Nice1 any pics all?

Which cobra's where they? In leather or not?

Regards
Ray

·
Shopping
740 Posts
mgemie said:
can anything be done about this? since am i correct in thinking that if fitting aftermarket seats the airbag connections wont be there and so as a result the two plugs wont be used meaning the airbag light will always be on...?
nope dealer will reset to put airbag light off may cost you though

1 - 8 of 8 Posts