MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

My driver's side headlight adjust stopped working (manual). I can still hear a motor moving but the bulb/beam isn't moving. I haven't touched the headlight in years but have HIDs. Does anyone know how this works and how I can fix this? It almost sounds as if something's come off the cog...any idea?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are they stuck or pointing down?
It is currently aiming just straight in the middle height so it's not blinding anyone but only one side works. I heard there is some 'motor' within the headlight unit but not sure if anyone knows a DIY for adjutsing it. the motor is definitely still alive.

Blackadder - I have aftermarket HID, not OEM xenon (which would be auto adjust I think).

·
I can't get no sleep
868 Posts
Reet well heres a fix from another thread for halogens which you have, it could be a stuck motor

Hi Guys,
If you have halogen headlamps fitted, you can sort the problem by opening the bonnet, switching your dip beam lights on, you need another person to operate the level switch and slaming the bonnet shut at the same time, (not to hard) , this will jolt the motors as the adjuster sticks, you should find them to be okay then, i know its a bit extreme but it does work okay
Chris

·
Registered
1 Posts
Reet well heres a fix from another thread for halogens which you have, it could be a stuck motor

Hi Guys,
If you have halogen headlamps fitted, you can sort the problem by opening the bonnet, switching your dip beam lights on, you need another person to operate the level switch and slaming the bonnet shut at the same time, (not to hard) , this will jolt the motors as the adjuster sticks, you should find them to be okay then, i know its a bit extreme but it does work okay
Chris
Works great!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts