MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
the DASH LIGHT king ? ;)
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
driving home in my jan 03 mcs and u cud hear what sounded to be air/water rushing throught the heater matrix...i thought hey u shudnt be able to here that ???? shud i bleed the system if so how ? it seems to use abit of water, ive got no leaks, and dont think the headgasket has gone, but it did take a while to warm up this morn....any ideas ? :( help help help !

·
www.totalmini*****
15,256 Posts
Calm down dear ;)

Mine does it every now and then. There's a lot of threads about swooshing sounds heard from the Engine bay. It's not just MINI's that do it either.

Certainly no need to panic, but if you think it might be something serious then get your dealer to take a look.

Check your coolant levels and as long as you can see no visible leaks and the levels don't drop too quickly then all should be well :)

·
the DASH LIGHT king ? ;)
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
but heres the prob...ive bled loads a systems in the past...but i took the header cap off and it was fine, turned my back and suddenly its like wooooossshhhhhhhhh everywhere ! thought ***** , the fan cut in and it calmed down...no water left in the tank so ive top it up to the right level....but surely if i put the cap back on it will pressurize to much again ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
It's quite a common thread in these pages and it's a problem I've encountered on previous cars, albeit Vauxhall Corsas. Taking the car to the dealership sorted the matter temporarily, although it did come back each winter! It's not something to panic about, although I know how annoying it can be.

I certainly wouldn't consider bleeding the system myself, however competent (warranty issues etc.) and would take it to the dealer for them to sort, if the problem doesn't go away by itself.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.