MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My parents have borrowed my MINI today. I feel as I would imagine a parent feels on their child's first day at school!! Is this unreasonable??!!? I just know i am going to spend the whole day on tenterhooks in case anything happens to my precious boy!

ARGHHHHHHHHH

xx :black: xx

·
Registered
514 Posts
Seems perfectly reasonable to me. :) ;)

When my wife took Mini for the first time (after two years of owning it, since it was my car :D :D), I spent the day worrying she (the car, not my wife, lol) would be safe. I worried that nobody would ding her in the parking garage, and that my wife could handle shifting during stop and go rush-hour traffic, and that my wife didn't try to do anything crazy with the car while taking on-ramps, and.... (I wasn't very productive that day.)

Hopefully Mini and your folks all came back safe and sound. :)

Don't get me wrong, I love my wife dearly. It was just that after she got all of the new cars in the past 14 years, Mini was by her own admission my car. And I know my wife is an excellent driver and that should something happen, Mini would keep her safe.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
hehe, yeah I'm exactly the same :D

Although in your case at least you are aware of your parents borrowing your car. Mine just disappears for periods of time, along with my mother :rolleyes: :eek:

She always get the lecture too about parking it in a safe place, drive it steady, it's my baby etc etc etc.............prob why she just takes it now without me knowing lol

Veronica :)

·
Official Pimp of Mini2
4,001 Posts
My mam is always nickin mine, she wants to get one herself and get rid of the 4x4 Toyota :)

·
Registered
514 Posts
Glad I'm not alone

R1 said:
I let the wife sit in my MINI's drivers seat once!! :p :D
Glad to see I'm not the only one who is/was so mini possesive :D:D

She's already informed me that when the MCSC shows up, she WILL be driving it more than once every two years, lol.

·
going or coming?
1,215 Posts
My wife's folks are coming in a week - in the past we have given them the keys to our car. Yesterday my wife says, I think we should rent a car for my folks. I was thinking it, but never would have said it myself.

·
Comes and Goes
257 Posts
you think you are doing bad?

i have to go with out my mini for a whole week now from driving 50 miles a day.

now im at uni i never see my car as its left back at home. but i got to drive it tonite. even saw an old mini friend who has new wheels so i called him and he pulled over. damn i miss my mini.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts