MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
wherever you go...
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the way home from MAMAII last night I hit a manhole cover or something on a ground down section of Rt. 2 -- it was a brutal hit, but at leat it wasn't a porcupine (what is it about me and driving home at night from MINI runs in New Hampshire :confused: ).

This morning I discovered a large bulge in the sidewall of my tire. Problem is, I was hoping to keep these on the car until I put the snows on in December, then switch to new non-runflats on 16" rims in the spring. I'd rather not spring for new tires now.

So, I'm looking for one mostly used 17" runflat to tide me over for 1000 miles or so. I have stock Dunlops on the car now. Anybody have a tire, or an idea?

Worst case, I'll just pop the snows on early.

·
heh...lame
2,422 Posts
Richard, I saw that thing in the road. I moved so it would go under the car but I braced and thought it might be high enough to actually hit my front bumper! But it didn't.

I have some tires and wheels. I have 17" with Dunlops, but they are performance. Is it on the front or the back? If you want, I can give you two wheels+tires so at least you'll have two of the same tread on the front and the back. Then when you put the snows on you can just give the other ones back to me. Two of my 4 were on the rear of my car and are pretty worn. Two of the tires are basically brand new, less than 1000 miles on them. The problem is that a few of the rims are dented, which is why I got new wheels+tires...but if you want them just for a month or so until it snows...you can borrow them till your snows and just make the easy swap.

·
heh...lame
2,422 Posts
Update:

He took my wheels and tires...you can all rest easy.

·
Registered
4,834 Posts
So now ol' Richard has only the overheating to deal with? Richard, I know John Effinger, I've worked with John Effinger, and you're no John Effinger. ;)

·
wherever you go...
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
pezboy said:
Update:

He took my wheels and tires...you can all rest easy.
Let me say publicly that despite appearances, Jared is a prince among men (even if his pre-registration has expired).

jcsinnh said:
So now ol' Richard has only the overheating to deal with? Richard, I know John Effinger, I've worked with John Effinger, and you're no John Effinger.
I'm not overheating, just running hot. Maybe that's a good thing.

·
gadgetmeister
6,220 Posts
Sorry I missed this one...
I've got two tires and 17" wheels and tires, all runflat all seasons. If it would help, feel free to PM or email me, but I realize Jared has already saved the day!

·
wherever you go...
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
GadgetGav said:
Sorry I missed this one...
I've got two tires and 17" wheels and tires, all runflat all seasons. If it would help, feel free to PM or email me, but I realize Jared has already saved the day!
Thanks Gav. Jared's worked out fine, now that I had MoP balance them.

·
Retired and relaxed
2104 BMW Z4 sDrive 35i
5,372 Posts
rfinprc said:
Thanks Gav. Jared's worked out fine, now that I had MoP balance them.
Ah ha! Were those the POS wheels and tires I saw when Jared's car was on the lift at MOP? The one's with all the flat spots?

·
heh...lame
2,422 Posts
No. I am not a jerk, Codpiece. I gave Richard the two wheels I got from Paul Mellow. One had a very very small flat spot(not like the ones in the back), other was perfect. The tires on them only had ~500miles.

I had a tire place balance them so maybe they were crappy at it.

·
Retired and relaxed
2104 BMW Z4 sDrive 35i
5,372 Posts
Who said you were a jerK? I never said that, it's your conscience speaking laddie!

·
heh...lame
2,422 Posts
If I knowingly gave Richard bustedass wheels...that would be a pretty jerky thing to do!

Who you calling laddie, ladie?

·
gadgetmeister
6,220 Posts
Kind of sorry I resurrected this thread now..! :rolleyes:

·
Retired and relaxed
2104 BMW Z4 sDrive 35i
5,372 Posts
GadgetGav said:
Kind of sorry I resurrected this thread now..! :rolleyes:
Don't be sorry. pezBOY knows I'm a tree shaker. It's obvious that I really shook his on this one. Guilty conscience I say, guilty.

·
heh...lame
2,422 Posts
Gav, nonsense!

It is the most on topic thread we have...we can change that though.

I am surprised this one didn't end up in the REAL OT/B. :D

·
heh...lame
2,422 Posts
Damn, I thought I could sneak that one in!!

See you at MOT '05...we are much worse than the Australians!

·
Loves the Fuzzy One
16,525 Posts
pezboy said:
Damn, I thought I could sneak that one in!!

See you at MOT '05...we are much worse than the Australians!
Yes, you are the bad boys of MINI2 ;)

Not sure if I can make MOT this year, I'm currently between MINIs. :(

·
Retired and relaxed
2104 BMW Z4 sDrive 35i
5,372 Posts
AprilWhine said:
Is that a request? :D
OH NO!! Do that again and you wouldn't DARE show up at MOT!!!;)

·
MINI2 Master Baiter
3,406 Posts
We have a MINI2 moderator, for the NE Region, that does not have a MINI?

I guess that's OK, now that I've thought about it. We have a country that doesn't have a real president. Trickle down theory and all that..........

·
Retired and relaxed
2104 BMW Z4 sDrive 35i
5,372 Posts

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts